It's 2012, I'm 35 and need to get in better shape, wanna nag

Hello, I'm Steph and I need help, please! I've done a weight loss group with some friends in my area, but it didn't help me much. It was more like we were using the group as a crutch to make ourselves feel like we were doing a good job trying to eat healthy and exercise. I was using myfitnesspal occasionally, but wouldn't track for more than a few weeks.

I need online support from you, if you're available. I can help support you as well. Who knows, we might be a great pair!
It's funny, the advertisement on the top of the page says, "The secret to losing weight is having the right partner".

Here's a little more about me.....I have 3 kids under 6. My youngest is 2 and now is the time for me to take care of myself! I'm married and have been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years. I'm a Christian and church and family are very important to me.

I have about 40 pounds to lose. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I'm excited to keep up my tracker and incorporate exercise into my crazy busy life. Thanks for reading my post.

It's great to be here! Happy 2012!

Steph/feltogirl :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Hey, I'll add you! I'm 34 and a SAHM to an 8yo, 6yo, and almost 3yo.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    I'll add you too! I'm Carissa, 35, SAHM of 17 yo girl, 16 yo boy, 10 yo girl, 9yo girl, and 7 yo girl.
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    I just added you as well. I'm 32, with 4 kids, and hoping this site and some friends on here will help me keep my resolution to lose some weight.
  • tgnzmum
    tgnzmum Posts: 41
    Hi there! I just rejoined this group as well, and could use all of the support I can get, I am a 35 year old mother of an 8 year old boy, and I have another 25lbs to lose. I will definitely add you as a friend! We CAN do this!! Happy New Year, and all my best to you. Good Luck!! =)
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    I'll add you. I'm a SAHM to a 3yo girl. I have at least 60lbs to loose.
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    I added you! I'm 28 and have put on way too much weight since becoming an in-home DCP almost five years ago. My youngest is 2.5 and like you said, it's time to focus on myself for a change!!
  • Thank you all for adding me as your friend! I didn't expect so many responses so quickly! You have made my day! I hope to be a great encourager for you and to get to know you better!

Steph/feltongirl
  • I am 36 mother of an 8 yr old and 5 yr old. I work full time and need support too! :)