What motivates you?

I want to know what gets everyone motivated to exercise. Im having a hard time getting off the couch or staying motivated after a long day at work.

Replies

• katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Well, my exercise is fun. I got the Kinect, and have been competing with a very close friend of mine for a higher score in Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012. Before I got it, it took a LOT of mental preparation to convince myself to get up and go. I guess my suggestion is to find something you like doing. Like dancing. Put on your favorite up beat songs, and just dance around like a fool for a while. It gets your heart rate up. Hope it helps, and I hope you find some self motivation! (Oh, and pinterest.com's fitness section always gets me going!)
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Photos are my motivator - old pictures of how I used to look, both good and bad. I use those to get off my butt and make sure I log EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. I've lost almost half my goal weight and plan on getting rid of the rest this year. I also workout at home using low impact cardio dvd's because I've got a messed up knee and neck.