Nibbling while preparing meals

Options
I have realised since counting calories and being a part of this wonderful group that the main reason that I have put on weight is that I nibble all day and just have been kidding myself by saying "this little bit of cheese (or whatever) won't hurt".
So anyway I have been stopping myself from nibbling and I have to say that it happens many many times during the day.
At least I am conscious now and it's hard but at least I know the problem. Last night while making dinner I had a low-calorie lollie so that I didn't unconsciously pop a piece of fetta (or 3) in my mouth.
Would love to hear how others stop the nibbling cycle.

Replies

• kategottli
    kategottli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was SO guilty of this in the past.

I "trick" myself by doing what you do - low calorie candies in my mouth during "lengthy" preparation... I deliberately pick something to keep me from popping the food I'm preparing in my mouth.

I'm not going to nibble on cheese if I have a watermelon candy in my mouth!

Also, if I do nibble, I force myself to wait until AFTER I weighed my food. 30g of cheese is still 30g of cheese, whether I eat 5g before the meal and 25g with the meal or not!
  • Kyzd
    Kyzd Posts: 12
    Options
    I do this all the time, I'm terrible, I'm guessing it is how I went from slim and trim to not trim and love handles!! Cheese is my weakness and your right I always think ohh just a small handful while grating eeeek. MUST STOP NOW!
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If I nibble...b/c sometimes you have to...(new recipe etc..) I log it as .10 of a serving..
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I chew gum, stops me from nibbling.