Latisse?

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
I won Latisse, the stuff that makes eye lashes grow longer and darker. I am not sure I want to use it. I have light colored eyes and I have heard it can change the color. Also, I suppose you have to keep using it to keep the results and I don't think I can work it into the budget, since I won it in a raffle. I thought about selling it online but I think that is illegal since it requires a prescription.
But I don't know, maybe I should just try it.
Has anyone tried it? Do you like it? how long did it take to see results? Did you keep using it? If not, how long did the results last when you stopped?
Did anyone have any side effects?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it requires a prescription, how did you win it in a raffle? That sounds VERY sketchy. For that reason alone I would not use it.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    If it requires a prescription, how did you win it in a raffle? That sounds VERY sketchy. For that reason alone I would not use it.

Ditto.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Statements by OP:
    I am not sure I want to use it.
    but I think that is illegal
    requires a prescription
    maybe I should just try it.

Statement at the bottom of MFP pages:
    Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It does require a prescription, did you get the bottle, or just a certificate to get some? It works well for my patients, but it can change light colored eyes, and it can make your eyelid skin darker too. Oh, if you have glaucoma, you should talk to your dr first, which you should do anyway, since it can affect the pressure in your eyes.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Throw it away. You are beautiful just the way you are.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while. You do have to keep using it to see results. Full results took probably about 4 weeks. I used it for a while everyday and then went to every other day and the results were pretty good. There is more in the bottle than lasts if you use the brushes like they say. So I use the one same brush for at least a few days and then use a new one. One bottle can last me around 3 months that way (especially every other day use after a month straight).

I have blue eyes and they've stayed blue, if you use as directed (put it on the skin on your eyelid above eyelashes) and don't get it in your eye you should be fine. I know I've gotten it in my eye a few times because I was in a hurry and I haven't noticed a change in my eyes. I introduced it to my mother and MIL and they like it a lot as their eyelashes have thinned as they aged.

The only side effect I have noticed is my eye lid will be slightly itchy after use if I haven't used it in a while. I don't think this stuff is a big deal at all. The office I get it from has it up on the shelf with the other beauty products and you basically just buy it. You have to be a 'client' which means they have your info but it's no big deal. The drug is actually the same used in glaucoma patients - they noticed an interesting side effect - longer, darker eyelashes -> which is what they sell lastisse for now!

If you don't want to use it see if maybe someone you know who is older would like to give it a shot, like mother, aunt, etc. ? That's what I would do..
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    There must be a doctor there that signs off on things at least, because it does require a prescription. Maybe it's more like a medi-spa?

I used it for a while. You do have to keep using it to see results. Full results took probably about 4 weeks. I used it for a while everyday and then went to every other day and the results were pretty good. There is more in the bottle than lasts if you use the brushes like they say. So I use the one same brush for at least a few days and then use a new one. One bottle can last me around 3 months that way (especially every other day use after a month straight).

I have blue eyes and they've stayed blue, if you use as directed (put it on the skin on your eyelid above eyelashes) and don't get it in your eye you should be fine. I know I've gotten it in my eye a few times because I was in a hurry and I haven't noticed a change in my eyes. I introduced it to my mother and MIL and they like it a lot as their eyelashes have thinned as they aged.

The only side effect I have noticed is my eye lid will be slightly itchy after use if I haven't used it in a while. I don't think this stuff is a big deal at all. The office I get it from has it up on the shelf with the other beauty products and you basically just buy it. You have to be a 'client' which means they have your info but it's no big deal. The drug is actually the same used in glaucoma patients - they noticed an interesting side effect - longer, darker eyelashes -> which is what they sell lastisse for now!

If you don't want to use it see if maybe someone you know who is older would like to give it a shot, like mother, aunt, etc. ? That's what I would do..

• mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Krohnie - Yes a doctor does work there, so they probably do whatever paperwork in the back later. My point was that I have never had to actually talk to a doctor about it. I've been buying it there off and on for at least 2 years - they do buy one get one half off deals..
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah. I won it at the medi-spa so they know me. Thanks for sharing your experience with it, mill1295!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Even if this is somehow legit, it seems pretty useless to take this bottle (or whatever) knowing you can't keep using it. What if you really like the results? You'll just be sad when they go away.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Elizabeth