ran 5k

abitzan
abitzan Posts: 85 Member
So I ran a 5k yesterday. My goal was 45 minutes, yes I know slow, but I got it done in 42 minutes. I thought that was a decent accomplishment because I haven't been focusing on me since i lost my son. All i have been able to obsess over is getting pregnant again and dealing with the greif.

I got massive shin splints and today i am sore which demonstrates to me that I am getting out of shape so this month is about me and getting me back to normal. Lets see how it goes.

I have a 7k to run in March that I did last year in 54 minutes and I would love to shave some time off that.

Replies

• That is awesome! Congrats. My goal for my first 5K was 45 and I finished in 42 also, funny coinsidence. :) I haven't done one in a while but I registered for one in March.
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Congrats on getting back into focusing on yourself. I hope I will never know your heartache. I do appreciate what an effort you are making. Don`t place any expectations on yourself regarding times. Just put yourself out there and continue doing the best you can.
    Life always takes us where we need to be, sometimes we don`t understand it at the time but we all have a purpose.
    Good luck.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!