Fitbit vs HRM?

Options
Hey!

I am in the process of trying to find out which product is a better buy for me to count calories throughout the day. I've seen that pretty much the HRM only calculates calories during cardiovascular workouts...i work in the school system as an SLP and walk a lot during the day. I was thinking about getting a HRM until i read up on Fitbit and saw that they are pretty much around the same amount of $. My question to those who have a Fitbit....how do you like it? Do you prefer it over a HRM?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• crudd12
    crudd12 Posts: 63
    Options
    I just ordered one the other day-a Fitbit! I've heard alot about them through Weight Watchers! They are good if you walk alot! I don't know that much about HRM's! Good luck to you!
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for replying! It looks like the better option, and i love all of the features after reading up on it!
  • rdunke
    rdunke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Does the FitBit measure your actual Heart rate?
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    No, FitBit does not monitor heart rate.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know more about fitbit if anyone has used one. I've read the description on amazon and it somehow even knows when you wake up, but does it measure your calories? What are the advantages?
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What i've read is that it does measure calories as well, throughout the whole day, as opposed to a heart rate monitor that only measures it through cardiovascular exercise. At this point, I could care less what my heart rate is, because I know that I am doing some rigorous exercise, but i would just like a more accurate tool to determine my calorie burn throughout the day.