Fresh Start

deenise
deenise Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I'm new to this website and although this should probably go into the Intro section, I was more drawn to this section.

Hi, my name is Dee.

I'm only 22 but am already all too familiar with dieting. I began Weight Watchers at 15 years old and have been on some sort of diet ever since. I'm 5'2" (although technically, I round up a quarter of an inch!) and have seen the scale from 167 to 132. Telling my entire story would be way too long of an entry, but for a quick update, I was a loyal Medifaster for the past year and a half (a meal replacement diet, along the same lines as Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig), and while I found some success--I went from 167 to 137, which I last saw on the scale in October--I never reached my goal and wore out the diet. I've seen some truly negative comments on such diets and had to be strong through a lot of non-supporters, but I believe if you find something that is working for you, then that's all you need. Unfortunately, Medifast stopped working for me personally, and I am here for a fresh start.

This morning I saw 152.2 on the scale and if anyone else has a number that makes them want to throw up, then you can understand how I felt when I saw it. I've grown a lot mentally and have made a lot of progress in not allowing my self worth be so attached to my body image and weight, but I am still on a journey that I am trying to succeed in. I've made it far, but I have a long way to go. I want to get to at least 125 (although at my height, I could be 110 and still in the "healthy" range, but I'm more comfortable with the 120s), and I am hoping to find support and success around these nooks of the internet!

Replies

• deenise
    deenise Posts: 5
    I'm new to this website and although this should probably go into the Intro section, I was more drawn to this section.

Hi, my name is Dee.

I'm only 22 but am already all too familiar with dieting. I began Weight Watchers at 15 years old and have been on some sort of diet ever since. I'm 5'2" (although technically, I round up a quarter of an inch!) and have seen the scale from 167 to 132. Telling my entire story would be way too long of an entry, but for a quick update, I was a loyal Medifaster for the past year and a half (a meal replacement diet, along the same lines as Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig), and while I found some success--I went from 167 to 137, which I last saw on the scale in October--I never reached my goal and wore out the diet. I've seen some truly negative comments on such diets and had to be strong through a lot of non-supporters, but I believe if you find something that is working for you, then that's all you need. Unfortunately, Medifast stopped working for me personally, and I am here for a fresh start.

This morning I saw 152.2 on the scale and if anyone else has a number that makes them want to throw up, then you can understand how I felt when I saw it. I've grown a lot mentally and have made a lot of progress in not allowing my self worth be so attached to my body image and weight, but I am still on a journey that I am trying to succeed in. I've made it far, but I have a long way to go. I want to get to at least 125 (although at my height, I could be 110 and still in the "healthy" range, but I'm more comfortable with the 120s), and I am hoping to find support and success around these nooks of the internet!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome Dee,

I do think all of us are here for the same reason...to be healthy. You can get a lot of info here that you can weave into a plan that is right for you.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.