Miracle Noodles?

Options
One of my friends recently bought "Miracle Noodles" from this site....

http://miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

They sound pretty amazing. I have PCOS and try to eat foods low in carbs, however pasta is something that is hard for me to give up. This seems like an amazing solution. Anyone ever had them? What do they taste like? Do they have a "noodle" like texture? Pros and cons I should know??

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I didn't check out the site, but if they are the same as the Asian miracle noodles I've heard about, they are known as "colon combs" because if you eat too much of them they seem to clean you out. They are made of some sort of fiber that your body can't digest, so that's why they don't have many calories. If you are going to try them, I recommend small doses to start just to see how your digestive system handles them.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Never had 'em but try putting "miracle noodles" in the forum search function, I've seen this topic on here before and you might find your answers in those threads
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Angel Hair ones and don't care for them.

They taste like nothing on their own. They absorb whatever flavors you add to them: marinara sauce, soy sauce, lemon & butter, etc.

The texture is rubbery and this is what I hate the most. I can't get over it - it's gross to me.

I think they are better suited for Asian dishes. I tried Itallian twists and was really disappointed.

Oh and they take a some prep work. You have to rinse, blanch, dry them and then let them marinate in whatever you add for at least 30min. And they STINK right when they come out of the package, I had to rinse them for like 15min to get the stink out.
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've had them. They smell a little like they've been packaged in fishy water when you open them. But they don't take like that. The texture is not the same as pasta (more slimey). I had the fettucini version. Might be OK as a part of a dish, but not as the main entree (like fettucini alfredo).
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I concur; I am not a finicky eater and I will never eat these again.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    One of my friends recently bought "Miracle Noodles" from this site....

http://miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

They sound pretty amazing. I have PCOS and try to eat foods low in carbs, however pasta is something that is hard for me to give up. This seems like an amazing solution. Anyone ever had them? What do they taste like? Do they have a "noodle" like texture? Pros and cons I should know??

I didn't like them as a pasta substitute. They do not have any real flavour and didn't absorb the flavour from my pasta sauce enough. You may have more luck, but I would probably try a little pasta sauce on them first before proceeding (I found them to be inedible)

In a stir fry, totally different story - they are great for replacing egg noodles because they seem to suck up the juices of the stir fry and have the same rubbery texture. I really enjoyed them in a stir fry and would definitely have them again .

Regarding the fishy smell, yes, they smell fishy but you are meant to rinse them thoroughly and then let them dry on paper towel before using them.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I had them a while back and will have them again. They do need to be rinsed and seem kind of nasty when you first take them out of the package. I pan seared a couple of steaks that I had seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil. I then seasoned the noodles with sesame oil and then pan fried them in the pan that had all the steak flavors still in it. They just tasted like asian flavored steak and since they were fried they didn't have the rubbery texture.