Favorite Salad?

Options

Replies

• thecountofcrisco
    Options
    I'm saladed out lol. I guess that what happens if you eat them 2-3 times a day. I too need some new ideas.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    Baby Spring Mix
    Mushrooms
    Fruit and Nut Trail mix
    Cottage cheese
    Black Olives
    Peas
    Blue Cheese Crumbles
    Ham Cubes
    Fat Free Honey Dijon Dressing (best dressing ever!!)
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    GREEK!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    romaine lettuce
    avacado
    chopped red onion
    sliced grilled flat iron steak
    chopped tomatoes
    roasted red pepper
    dorthy lynch ff dressing
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad is:

Romaine
    Blue cheese crumbles
    Dried Cranberries
    Glazed Walnuts
    Sliced Granny Smith Apples
    Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the sweet salads.

Spring mix plus spinach
    Mandarin oranges
    Dried cranberries
    Blue cheese
    Cucumber
    Snap peas
    Walnuts
    Raspberry vinaigrette

Okay, so it's a calorie bomb, but it's pretty healthy (and delicious)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    greek
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ...I like slightly sauteed:
    red onion
    green pepper
    chick peas
    aparagus
    carrots
    brocolli
    over a bed of raw spinach...with a little kraft free italian or vineger and oil
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Okay, so I tried this Salad at a place called, Brio in the states and absolutely fell in love with it! Now I mimic it on my own and have it about once a week. It has: "Mixed greens tossed with grilled chicken, mushrooms, bacon, almonds, Gorgonzola cheese, apples, dried cranberries, crispy lavoush and Tuscan Italian dressing." I make mine without the bacon, because I don't eat pork, but you can use Turkey bacon in it. I substitute light feta cheese for the Gorgonzola and I grill my own chicken. I keep the dressing on the side (which in mine is an apple cider vinegar based homemade one -yum). It's really just the best mixture I've ever had and it's perfect for days when you want a lighter dinner.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    New Fave I made for NYE dinner :

Butter Lettuce
    Grapefruit segments
    avocado
    red onion
    drizzle of olive oil
    rice wine vinegar

I also make a BLT salad ( I make it with fake bacon but you can use bacon if you wanna

romaine lettuce
    roma tomatoes
    1/2 tbsp light may0 mixed in
    Fake bacon ( or real if you want) torn into pieces while still warm (toss so mayo becomes more of a dressing. ) pretty good

or finally

blue cheese crumbles
    diced pear
    baby spinach
    rice wine vinegar
    pomegranate or cranberry juice concentrate
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I loooove salads! The thing I like is that I can add so many veggies and the calories don't add up very fast.

Typically my salad has:

Spinach
    mushrooms
    onions
    tomatoes
    banana peppers
    Kraft Greek Vinaigrette with olive oil, feta, and oregano

A few days ago I had a DELICIOUS salad. It sounds a little more "guilty" but when I added it to my diary, the calories really weren't that bad. I swear to you, every time I took a bite I was like "wow, this is amazing".

Romaine
    tomatoes
    banana peppers
    ham cubes
    shredded cheddar (1/3 cup)
    caesar dressing (1 tablespoon)

And when I am at work or out and about, my favorite salad is the Cherry Chicken Salad. I've seen it mentioned, but the one I get has:

Mixed greens
    onions
    pecans
    dried cherries
    gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles

My work puts an orange balsamic dressing on it as well as croutons. I skip both those and opt for a fat free raspberry vinaigrette. This salad is addicting. I always thought bleu cheese and cherries sounded gross together, but it is the best combination ever! I have to be careful with this salad though personally because the bleu cheese and pecans add up calories fast.

**When I make salads at home, I try to always stick with the Kraft Greek Vinaigrette because it is low in calories (60-70 for 2 tablespoons I believe) and it is delicious. But sometimes I just CRAVE a creamy dressing like caesar or ranch. It is worth it to me to "give in" and use that dressing, but I just use half as much (1 tablespoon). My 1 tablespoon of caesar is 70 calories, so it's the same as the vinaigrette and it still coats the salad efficiently. It's good for me to be able to switch it up and still feel like I am enjoying myself.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So many delicious sounding salads here already! I have this one alot:
    A big bowl of Mixed greens, hearts of romaine lettuce or baby spinach,
    1/4-1/2 c. sliced & halved cucumbers,
    no sugar added mandarin orange cup,
    1/4-1/3 c. sliced green seedless grapes,
    1/2 of a sliced fresh pear,
    1/8-1/4 c. toasted walnuts or pecans,
    2 Tbsp. Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Sugar Free Raspberry Vinagrette Dressing,
    1/8-1/4 c. reduced fat feta cheese crumbles..
    I use more or less of the ingred., depending on how much room I have to play with calories and nutrients for the day. Sometimes I add Craisins or raisins. Sliced red onions are really good with this salad, too.
  • asmgrant
    Options
    I'm very simple, I just eat a lettuce salad with a little spinach and some lite italian dressing, on occasion I also enjoy fruit salads.
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Either baby spinach or aragula,
    olive oil,
    a few drops of balsamic vinegar,
    fleur de sel & pepper,
    grated (or shaved) parmesan.

Yum everytime..
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    romaine lettuce, feta cheese, olives, pomegranate seeds, and greek vinaigarette! :)

OR:

romaine lettuce, feta cheese, black beans, hardboiled egg, and light ranch
  • kitkat9138
    Options
    My new favorite salad dressing is trader joes tahini sauce, it's by the hummus section and is so creamy and addicting! It tastes really sinful but it's not at all.

I usually eat romaine, chicken, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and feta or goat cheese and a salsa or mustard as dressing but lately I've been doing romaine, salmon, feta and tahini sauce with a big squirt of Siracha. :)

I love spicy things so sometimes I add a tablespoon of giardiana, which is the best decision ever.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Whatever's in the house. I often try for:

1 leaf (arugula, spinach, lettuce)
    1 nut (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, sesame or pumpkin seeds [I know])
    1 cheese (ff feta, goat, parmesan)
    1 fruit (cranberry, apple, pomegranate, persimmon)
    1+ protein (tofu, chicken, avocado, chickpea, roast beef, leftover pork from last night)
    +whatever veggies are in the fridge: roasted root veggies, bell pepper, carrots
    balsamic vinegar + olive oil.

^this formula is my go-to as well, and lately I'm jazzing it up by experimenting with different oils/vinegar combos: tonight was walnut oil and quince vinegar, last night was citrus vinegar with a 3-6-9 omega oil. Also I buy beets in the prepared food section and dice them. Beets+walnuts+feta+spinach with chicken or tofu is fantastic.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Either romaine or green leaf lettuce, chopped.
    I chunk the veggies and sprinkle them on top. My usual...

english cucumber
    hot house tomato
    sugar snap peas
    baby carrots
    celery
    red bell pepper

Sometimes I'll put on some tuna or sliced (grilled/baked) chicken. Otherwise I'll add kidney beans or chickpeas for protein.

My fave salad dressing lately has been light balsamic viniagrette.

Another variation is leftover taco meat (ground beef or turkey) and then combine salsa and light ranch to drizzle over the top. If I'm doing that, I'll use southwestern flavored black beans, too. Yum!!
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach
    tomatoes
    avocado
    grilled chicken
    grated parmesan cheese
    Caesar dressing
    croutons
    canadian bacon (cooked in oven until crispy and then chopped into bits)
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I loooove salads! The thing I like is that I can add so many veggies and the calories don't add up very fast.

Typically my salad has:

Spinach
    mushrooms
    onions
    tomatoes
    banana peppers
    Kraft Greek Vinaigrette with olive oil, feta, and oregano

A few days ago I had a DELICIOUS salad. It sounds a little more "guilty" but when I added it to my diary, the calories really weren't that bad. I swear to you, every time I took a bite I was like "wow, this is amazing".

Romaine
    tomatoes
    banana peppers
    ham cubes
    shredded cheddar (1/3 cup)
    caesar dressing (1 tablespoon)

And when I am at work or out and about, my favorite salad is the Cherry Chicken Salad. I've seen it mentioned, but the one I get has:

Mixed greens
    onions
    pecans
    dried cherries
    gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles

My work puts an orange balsamic dressing on it as well as croutons. I skip both those and opt for a fat free raspberry vinaigrette. This salad is addicting. I always thought bleu cheese and cherries sounded gross together, but it is the best combination ever! I have to be careful with this salad though personally because the bleu cheese and pecans add up calories fast.

**When I make salads at home, I try to always stick with the Kraft Greek Vinaigrette because it is low in calories (60-70 for 2 tablespoons I believe) and it is delicious. But sometimes I just CRAVE a creamy dressing like caesar or ranch. It is worth it to me to "give in" and use that dressing, but I just use half as much (1 tablespoon). My 1 tablespoon of caesar is 70 calories, so it's the same as the vinaigrette and it still coats the salad efficiently. It's good for me to be able to switch it up and still feel like I am enjoying myself.

The Cherry Chicken one sounds SO good!! All these do actually!! :) I will have a big list this week for veggies!