Help with protein information!

Options
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice or information. I have a problem with getting all my fruit, veggies, and protein in. I was going to start making smoothies to help me out with this, but I am unsure what type of protein supplement is a good one or how much I should be using. Also, smoothie recipes that contain fruits and veggies would be AWESOME. Thanks everyone for your help!

Replies

• Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    Options
    My PT recommended Maxine's Burn for me - he said it is good for women :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I use whatever random, low carb/lower sodium whey I can find. I've used Body Fortress (Walmart), but I'm using some from GNC rigth now. I mix 2 scoops of the chocoate whey with 1cup of frozen banana, 2TBS of almond butter, and 12oz of milk. If I don't have frozen bananas, I add in ice.

I do 1cup frozen berries, 2 scoops vanilla whey, and 12oz of milk for another smoothie.

General smoothie tips for green smoothies (I DON'T add whey to these): 1 cup greens, 1 cup frozen blendable fruit (berries work well), 1 cup of fruit juice.

Good luck.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I made a smoothie with fresh papaya, a little water, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. It was delicious! But I'm not an expert. The other thing I have recently found out that vanilla protein powder in plain lowfat yogurt gives it a great flavor and consistency, and obviously adds a lot of protein.
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothies are just banana, almond milk and peanut butter. Depending on how many calories I want to use, I might add chocolate whey protein to it, or just substitute the peanut butter for the chocolate whey protein. Either way it's delicious and keeps me full for a few hours.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    EAS protein at BJ's warehouse is cool too. Also, re. green smoothies: start with baby spinach and/or romaine lettuce and work your way up to kale.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try any, but, when I went to the nutritionalist, she suggest whey protein. She told me that they were the best to buy. I hope this helps you.....
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothies are just banana, almond milk and peanut butter. Depending on how many calories I want to use, I might add chocolate whey protein to it, or just substitute the peanut butter for the chocolate whey protein. Either way it's delicious and keeps me full for a few hours.

I forgot to mention - I peel and chop the banana the night before, and freeze it. In my opinion this smoothie is best very cold!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice or information. I have a problem with getting all my fruit, veggies, and protein in. I was going to start making smoothies to help me out with this, but I am unsure what type of protein supplement is a good one or how much I should be using. Also, smoothie recipes that contain fruits and veggies would be AWESOME. Thanks everyone for your help!
    I broil whiting to eat with my meals but also drink a post workout whey protein shake [50 grams].

That does it!
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and cottage cheese work well...vanilla greek yogurt and raspberries has your protein, fiber and fruit (or blueberries)