Whole Oatmeal taste good??

Options

Replies

• vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I add coconut milk, a little organic sugar and some fruit and nuts. Sooo good.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Steelcut oats 1/3 cup, 62mls of skim milk or low fat which ever you prefer, 2/3 cup of water. Micro for 2 mins, stir then another minute.

I add 1/2 packet of Nativia (Aust Equiv to Stevia I think) or I add cinnamon, a small sprinkle.
    Or Blueberries, mixed berries etc. the creative gouremet kind are great as you just get a handful and back in the freezer for next time. Could add some honey as well if you like.

You could make it in to a smoothie with banana when it cools a bit, add milk for a more smoothier smoothie.

I love mine straight up anyway. Hope these thoughts help.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yummy....... forgtmenot
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like mine with 1/4c of dark chocolate chips and 1 cup of raspberries.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and cinnamon. yummmmm
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Try adding some peanut butter - it makes it creamier.
    I make mine with 2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar (yes, I know, fake sugar is supposed to be bad but it's yummy and it clearly hasn't hindered my progress) and a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter.
  • runnergirl999
    Options
    Coach's Oats. Great texture. Cook with a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Add a dab of lite margarine when it's done, a little brown sugar and some nonfat milk. So good!
  • CowLover111
    CowLover111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's a shame, I just adore oatmeal; I could eat whole mountains or the stuff, hot or cold. You could try adding cinnamon and/or zero calories sweetener. I also like adding berries or bananas. You might try bananas and cinnamon because the cinnamon would cover up the taste and the banana would add a healthy dose of sweetness. You could also try other grains like quinoa or couscous.
  • puffingal
    Options
    That's good advice, don't eat something you don't like.

besides life is too short
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I eat the Quaker whold grain plain oatmeal with vanilla greek yogurt, fresh berries and a pinch of cinnamon!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, 1 tbsp peanut butter, sliced banana - put in the microwave about 1min 45 sec, to "melt" some of the banana, stir (I add a bit of granular splenda) a dollop of milk and voila! Fabulous!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I like quaker brown sugar extra fiber cooked with h2o. Then 1tbs of brummel & brown spread and Careys sugar free syrup. Yumo.
  • crischia
    Options
    that is hilarious, i have bee asking people around what i should eat to lose weight.. and they said to eat oatmeal, so i have been eating oatmeal for the past two weeks now and i cannot stand the regular one! LOL. i am sticking to QUAKER INSTANT OATMEAL: brown suagar, cin w/ apples, and cin with spice ---- which is about 40 calories difference from the regular ....remember to tell your self.. I AM NOT DIETING, I AM CHANGING MY LIFE STYLE! lol
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses guys. Im going to try them all. Maybe all at once haha.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one's said this yet, but Trader Joe's steel cut oatmeal in the frozen packets is THE BEST. Quaker oats get gluey and weird (in my opinion) and don't taste very good.

A lot of people avoid steel cut oats because they take a long time to cook correctly on the stovetop. The TJ's oatmeal solves this because it's frozen and microwaves up in 3 minutes. And it actually tastes good. Good luck finding your perfect oatmeal :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Coach's Oats. Great texture. Cook with a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Add a dab of lite margarine when it's done, a little brown sugar and some nonfat milk. So good!

YUM! Instant steel cut oats - I love these. I have to order these online - totally worth it (IMO)

For me it's a texture thing. Instant (quick, rolled) oats are like baby food - blech. Old fashioned (instant too, but rolled thicker) at least has some texture - just ok. But steel cut is the best.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    that is hilarious, i have bee asking people around what i should eat to lose weight.. and they said to eat oatmeal, so i have been eating oatmeal for the past two weeks now and i cannot stand the regular one! LOL. i am sticking to QUAKER INSTANT OATMEAL: brown suagar, cin w/ apples, and cin with spice ---- which is about 40 calories difference from the regular ....remember to tell your self.. I AM NOT DIETING, I AM CHANGING MY LIFE STYLE! lol

Look for the "low sugar" variety - it's still instant and comes in flavors.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Do you mean porridge? I love porridge! Make it with milk, add some chia and linseeds for crunch, it's yummy!

With water it is rank, but with milk it's unbeatable.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would also agree with the poster who asked why eat something you hate? I ate peanut butter for a bit after everyone's raving about it on here, but I can't stand it, and now may be allergic to peanuts so that was a totally disastrous exercise! If you don't like it, don't bother.