water aerobics

Options
Okay I'm trying water aerobics for the first time today. What am I in for?????

Replies

• tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Okay I'm trying water aerobics for the first time today. What am I in for?????
  • Tizzle23
    Tizzle23 Posts: 59
    Options
    OMG! Water aerobics is amazing I was always really tired afterwards, You will definitly be sore if you have a good instructor :wink: good luck !!
  • tomyhealth
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on being sore.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It depends on your instructor... I've gone to one where it was very aerobic, moving up and down the pool using different motions and pool toys for different effects. I've also got another instructor, where it isn't as aerobic, but more strengthening and toning moves done with the styrofoam barbells.

I like both styles, because no matter how hard you're working, you don't feel all sweaty and gross!
  • tomyhealth
    Options
    Well I just got home from class and it was great. The instructor was great she did both strenght and cardio. She is known as the top instructor at our gym and I don't think I mentioned this in my first comment my trainer made me try the class. I get bored with workouts so he always mixes it up for me and he actually took the class with me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!!!!!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good time! I did water aerobics for a long time while battling joint problems. It was a good workout and pretty fun! We even went in the rain!
    Bunny