Why am I GAINING weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. If after a few weeks it still shows a gain then take a closer look. But until then don't stress about it. Weigh once a week and at the same time of day (I always do morning, I think most people do)
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Water retention definitely makes sense. Sodium is a pesky little bugger...what are some good low-sodium foods?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Water retention definitely makes sense. Sodium is a pesky little bugger...what are some good low-sodium foods?

Sodium is not the only thing that can affect water retention. When you first start working out, your muscles tend to retain water while they are healing. Carbs intake, not drinking enough water, or getting other nutrients can affect it. Lack of sleep, time of the month, etc can all play a role.

The scale is the least accurate way of measuring progress. I know I can fluctuate 5 lbs in one day in weight depending on the time of day I weight in. I still like to use the scale as one measure, but I also go by my clothes, the mirror/photos and the measuring tape. I went an entire 4 weeks without moving on the scale but lost inches all over and could visibly see the difference. I had also started a much harder workout and changed how I was eating at that time.