Is it stupid to use your exercise calories ...

Options
for a moon pie? I made moon pies for the kids the other day. Here they are listed at about 220 calories, although the recipe itself said 180.

I was on the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes, and I feel I've earned a moon pie. Is that a waste of calories if I have them spend anyway? Does it make a difference if I eat a moon pie or a grapefruit? (I am not trying to lose any more, just maintain.)

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The grapefruit is healthier, but the moon pie will satisfy your craving. As long as it fits in your macros, go for it!
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I say since you made them and they are there. You worked out, enjoy one. You can have certain foods you crave as long as you count them and definitely do moderation.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I put them in the freezer to try and stop eating them. I made them smaller than you were supposed to also. OK. Maybe I will have BOTH! (I mean the grapefruit AND the moon pie, because I still have over 400 calories to go.)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    No! I see calories as money. They are mine to use as I please. It has worked great for me so far, a 48 year old perimenopausal woman. :)
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try to never use my burned calories.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Actually, that moon pie was all I could think of while I was doing the exercise. Bahaha! I am insane. I was going to quit after 20 mins, but I saw I didn't have enough to eat it. THAT is what kept me going the full half hour.
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your moon pie! A splurge now and then keeps you sane. :-) Plus you can always walk or just eat normal the next day.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've been known to save 400 calories for chocolate at the end of a long day. This is the kind of thing that makes MFP sustainable for me. Forever.