Need to lose weight after a hip injury....

Options
Hi.....I am a 42 yr old woman that is fed up with her clothes not fitting good and feeling like I am LAZY lately and want to get back into shape....hurt my hip almost a yr. ago but can't have surgery on it until it completely wears out (hip replacement)...so my Dr. says exercise thru the pain....and that's what I have decided to do.....started today...used the elliptical and the treadmill.....so far I feel fine! I just need someone to keep me going....I give up way tooooo easy!

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    You've come to the right place to find motivation and encouragement, MFP is wonderful! Being active on the site - log in daily and open your food diary to your friends to view, I have found this has helped me be more accountable! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • tab_a2i
    Options
    I agree about needing the help to keep motivated! I don't even need surgery and I can't get motivated at times! I think taking this step by joining a support group is the step in the right direction. I am enjoying MFP! Thanks for joining me pal! :happy:
  • FatalLoki
    FatalLoki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I as what you did to exercise with the hip injury? I'm a 23y/o Army vet on disability for my double hip injuries, but I am trying so hard to not allow my weight to balloon just because I can't run/ work out normally. And I can sympathize with looking forward to a replacement; I was told I'd need one by the time I turned 30.