exercise and extra calories???

Options
Hi all,

I am a little confused .... if we eat our "earned" calories....how do we "lose" weight?? Isnt that why we are exercising?? To lose the "extra" calories?? lol

Someone shed some light please? Can anyone explain this to me?? lol
Whoa. little too much quotation there!

Replies

• laura27
    laura27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am a little confused .... if we eat our "earned" calories....how do we "lose" weight?? Isnt that why we are exercising?? To lose the "extra" calories?? lol

Someone shed some light please? Can anyone explain this to me?? lol
    Whoa. little too much quotation there!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    You are already eating less calories than you need during the day which will make you lose. You exercise to help burn fat and tone your body, to strengthen your heart and lungs. You don't have to eat all your calories, but I would makesure that your daily total (calories eaten - calories burned) doesn't go under 1200. You may want to do a thread search on this subject, it's been covered extensively.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    eat them. You're already eating at a deficit. Exercising increases your deficit, sometimes making it dangerously large. Trust me, eating them works. :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    thanks,
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday, should I or shouldn't I? It is so tempting to not eat those extra calories in hopes that the weight will come off faster, but, I'm in this for the endurance not just a quicky fix, I;m really looking forward to doing it right this time.
  • mommymosser
    Options
    I am asking the same question. I do not want my calorie allotment to increase based on my exercise. That defeats the whole purpose. I'm wondering , Is there a way to track exercise without having it effect daily allowences?? I quess my question would be to the web designers. however, I do not see a place to e-mail questions. Got any suggestions?? In the mean time, I think I will put my exercise in after the day is over, and just ignore the extra cals. If you know of a way to e-mail questions I would love to hear it.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    It really goes against the grain to eat your exercise cals. However, the posers who eat them are showing a lot of weight loss on their tickers. Keep up the good work!