Might have to try this one.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love cabbage soup! I can't wait to try this :D
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness. I have done the cabbage soup diet way too many times =) That's immediately where my mind went.

This is super healthy, yummy soup, I'm sure - but the cabbage soup diet has ruined me.

Right? lol I did it as the diet and loss 20 pounds a long time ago. Like you, I don't think I can ever eat it again lol (It was good though)
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like to cook cabbage alone in chicken broth. I cook the entire head in two cans of chicken broth with added water and use salt and pepper to taste. I am addicted to it and my family loves it for a side dish. If I were to eat the entire head and broth myself, it only amounts to 350 calories. Pretty sweet!

Now that I can do. Thanks ;)
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yum
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! will try
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! Thanks for posting!
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Sounds awesome... both recipes!!! I love cabbage and when I'm dying for something super tart and salty I'll even take a couple bites of sauerkraut from the jar.

I'm going to try both these recipes very soon...

How thin is the cabbage sliced ??? Shredded? or a bit thicker?
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    Going to ask mum to get me these ingredients and this is tomorrow nights dinner sorted, thank you!!
  • TheMrs1006
    TheMrs1006 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • siouxzq4
    siouxzq4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • koko65
    koko65 Posts: 33
    Options
    LOL at cabbage soup diet. Yep been there and done it waaaay too many times. But I do love cooked cabbage still. The recipe above actually kind of reminds me of my grandmother recipe for mulligan stew, and with chill coming on I think i will give it a whirl. thanks much. :smile:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just made a cabbage soup a little different from this recipe....going to try this one as well....sounds delicious!!
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to cook cabbage alone in chicken broth. I cook the entire head in two cans of chicken broth with added water and use salt and pepper to taste. I am addicted to it and my family loves it for a side dish. If I were to eat the entire head and broth myself, it only amounts to 350 calories. Pretty sweet!

Now that I can do. Thanks ;)

You are welcome!
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Will try this one

Thanks!
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wolffcm