Eating back calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    YES eat back your cals. If you ONLY eat 1200 cals a day and burn 1100 or 1300 cals in exercise this is NOT a healthy weight loss diet plan!... But I suppose its a real thinker for some folks lol :P
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

Many thanks to Taso42 for this.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If your over weight you dont have to. If you in a healthy range of weight than you really should.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Im still trying to figure that whole mess out. Im going to work on tracking for a month and then weigh and see what it says. It wants me to eat an ungodly amount of calories b/c im always working on cleaning the house and moving stuff and what not not to mention the sedentary calories i burn a day it says. So im trying to figure out right now how it works for me. But so super confused

Maybe you would be better setting your daily activity level to "lightly active" which will give you some extra calories without you having to add all those extra activites. This makes it much simpler!
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat exercise calories back. Consuming exercise calories on purpose doesn’t make any sense to me. I don't create calorie deficit to waste it by eating additional calories.
  • COOKINATOR
    COOKINATOR Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes its the only way for me to stay under my calories sometimes lol
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat them back sometimes I don't- but if I'm hungry i do eat them back through fruits like bananas. With me it depends on how much exercise and what it was that i did- I just listen to my body and if it's hungry I feed it.
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    I don’t eat exercise calories back. Consuming exercise calories on purpose doesn’t make any sense to me. I don't create calorie deficit to waste it by eating additional calories.

If your goal is to look skinny and sick then yes you shouldn't eat it back. Those that want to build muscle and improve on fitness it is vital to eat those calories, you already have a 500 cal (Recommended by MFP) deficit without any exercise.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and sometimes eat back some of the exercise calories when I feel it is necessary, if it doesn't work then I will start eating all of them. I am a bit overweight so I don't think I'm going to eat all of them back until I get into a healthy range.

Thanks everyone for helping me understand this calorie deficit stuff a bit better! :)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think these people should give you advice based on your weight loss diet plan instead of their own. People the OP is only consuming 1200 cals a day and exercising. I am assuming here that 1200 cals is already her deficit under maintenence as her profile doesnt add much physical details about her stats. OP Read my post on page 1 then when you get to this post go back and read my post on page 1 lol...

Edit: OP you should really do some research on this topic for your self! "TDGEE" even provided you a link you can start with "http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/"

Just my 2 cents!