ou on a diet

Options
I found a book a while back called "You on a diet" It was by far the most informative book I have ever read on how the body processes the stuff you eat, why we feel full, or don't. What are the danger areas. It is by far, in my opinion, the best book out there for people who need to diet. It is not so much a diet, like scarsboro or Adkins. Instead it gives the real advise, you have to take in less calories than you burn in order to lose weight, you need excersize etc.. But as a diet is not the main reason to check it out, what I found thee most helpfull was its easy to understand explanations of how the body works. Upon reading and understanding some of the basic concepts it has made dieting a little easier for me. They have a web site http://www.youonadiet.com/ and a 90 sec read of the book.
Bob

Replies

• bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    I found a book a while back called "You on a diet" It was by far the most informative book I have ever read on how the body processes the stuff you eat, why we feel full, or don't. What are the danger areas. It is by far, in my opinion, the best book out there for people who need to diet. It is not so much a diet, like scarsboro or Adkins. Instead it gives the real advise, you have to take in less calories than you burn in order to lose weight, you need excersize etc.. But as a diet is not the main reason to check it out, what I found thee most helpfull was its easy to understand explanations of how the body works. Upon reading and understanding some of the basic concepts it has made dieting a little easier for me. They have a web site http://www.youonadiet.com/ and a 90 sec read of the book.
    Bob
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi bob9304,

It is a great book. I love Dr. Oz. He is my favorite Doctor.

You learn so much from this book that we should have know all along. It is a manual for our body.

Happy Monday,

Connie Lynn
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Things do make more sense when you know the physiology behind it eh? Good luck with your goals!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great info!! I have done the real age survey and didn't like what I saw. I am now trying to take care of "me" so I will be here to take care of my kids and grandkids (not close to ready for that but do want to be around:wink: ). Thanks for sharing!!:happy:
  • indigirl
    Options
    Love this site... a real eye opener... thanks! :wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Love the book - all their books actually - it was a great inspiration for me. I follow their plan - though my cardio is much harder. I still have to do calorie control - I can eat a lot of whole wheat pasta!