hit a brick wall help!

Options
I am going to open up my diary. Hoping I can get some tips. I havent lost a pound in almost a month, can not get past the 30lb mark.. I chalked it up to the holidays and cheating now and then but for the most part ive been doing good I think and really trying but not seeing results and even gaining somedays. As far as water I dont log but I drink alll day long cant be pissible for me to drink anymore. Any friendly advice would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Venus2011
    Options
    You need to shock your body. Your body has gotten use to your routine. Change things up some. Try doing some walking or any type of exercise. I hope this helps. :smile:
  • coloradotiff
    coloradotiff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks thats what I was thinking. I exersise everyday, walking actually. Maybe start a diff kind of workout??
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Agreed, have you thought about trying bootcamp? It is high intensity for a short period of time. It's tough - but after you're done you will feel so proud of yourself. Plus you get to work many groups of muscles .... which could help you get over the plateau you are experiencing. Your local gym will have classes ... but if bootcamp doesn't appeal to you - spin class or zumba - whatever your interest might be. Also, try not to use your workout calories ..... I find this helps me. Good luck.
  • smokeybryant
    Options
    If you want something low impact to replace (or supplement) the walking, try swimming, its great all round exercise and burns loads of calories and is something different. I agree with the other posts, you need to mix things up a little to stop your body from getting used to what you ask of it.
    I have a football stadium near me where i can go and run up and down the steps, its kills me but as i don't do it as part of my normally workouts i always notice the difference when i do it.

New Year is the perfect time to try something new!