Chocolate Chip Clouds - 55 Calories!

Options
Kim_08
Kim_08 Posts: 157
Okay so I was browsing through Skinnytaste.com and came across this recipe! They look so good and I plan on making them sometime this week! Thought you guys would enjoy this recipe :smile: Hope you are all having an amazing week!

low-fat-gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

Calories: 55.6 • Fat: 2.1 g • Carb: 8.2 g • Fiber: 0.8 g • Sugar: 7.9 g • Protein: 1.0 g

3 large egg whites (room temperature)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with nonstick silicone pad or parchment paper.

-Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
-Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
sweet-clouds.jpg
-Bake 35 to 45 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature. Makes about 30 cookies.

Enjoy! :heart:

Replies

• miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    *bump* Thanks! Those look and sound so yummy!
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bumo
  • iwannaloose
    iwannaloose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow do these every look yummy, and especially since they are chocolate! what women doesn't love it! I use recipes all the time from Skinny Taste, and my family loves the stuff I cook. We don't like cauliflower and they have a recipe for baked potato soup using a head of cauliflower, and boy was it ever delicious. I wrote down the name of this one, as I will have to go to Skinny Taste site and download it and print if off. Hard to believe they only are 55 calories. I wonder what the carbohydrate count is for them, as I am a diabetic and I have to count my carbs or my sugar levels sky rocket! Thanks a bunch for sharing this, and if you haven't had any of the food from Skinny Taste, all I can say, is you don't know what you're missing! It is out of the world, and I haven't found anything yet that my family didn't or wouldn't eat again!
  • iwannaloose
    iwannaloose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just saw that the carbohydrates are also low in them. Awesome this is even better yet for me, as I try to find healthy low calorie and low carbohydrate foods. I will be buying the ingredients this Friday and making them. I will let you know if my family likes them or not!
  • Kim_08
    Options
    wow do these every look yummy, and especially since they are chocolate! what women doesn't love it! I use recipes all the time from Skinny Taste, and my family loves the stuff I cook. We don't like cauliflower and they have a recipe for baked potato soup using a head of cauliflower, and boy was it ever delicious. I wrote down the name of this one, as I will have to go to Skinny Taste site and download it and print if off. Hard to believe they only are 55 calories. I wonder what the carbohydrate count is for them, as I am a diabetic and I have to count my carbs or my sugar levels sky rocket! Thanks a bunch for sharing this, and if you haven't had any of the food from Skinny Taste, all I can say, is you don't know what you're missing! It is out of the world, and I haven't found anything yet that my family didn't or wouldn't eat again!
    Wow! Now I really can't wait to try these and other recipes from skinnytaste.com! The nutritional value is under the first picture.. I think the carb count is 8 :smile:
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump! tx
  • naribee
    naribee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! Yum!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i've done these before they are gorgeous!!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try them :happy:
  • Pantsu
    Pantsu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These look delicious! I might try them at some point, thank you.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    55 calories for one cookie?
  • KOrogue
    KOrogue Posts: 26
    Options
    Those sound brilliant! Thanks for posting!
  • Kim_08
    Options
    55 calories for one cookie?
    Yes mam! :smile:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It's basically a meringue cookie. If you want them to stay lighter in color, preheat the oven, put the pan inside, and turn off the heat. You can make these at night and leave them in place overnight. There are variations on the recipe on allrecipes.com.
  • spacey1968
    Options
    bump
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Our family calls them "forgotten cookies" because you put them in the hot oven, turn it off, and forget them.

One thing is, they are very messy to eat. Make them small so you can pop a whole one in your mouth, or the crumbles will get all over.
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    bump