Balancing Carbs, Fats and Proteins

Options
Is this even possible?
When I'm trying to eat healthy it seems to all be a balancing act. I'm just wondering, am I expecting too much of myself to balance those things?

Thanks.

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    Balance them however you want and however works for you.
  • ManekiNekoLou
    Options
    @ fitness4meAU
    You're not alone on this one, I feel exactly the same way so much so that sometimes I feel like I'm one of those people who spins plates on the end of sticks for a living..."Oh, no! The fat plate is slowing down, I better cut back on it before it falls and I'm left with only carbs and protein of which neither are completely fat free " ...

On the bright side I have found MFP's daily/weekly calorie breakdown useful so I can evaluate the day and make better judgments the next. For example, yesterday I ate too much protein and not enough carbs so today I will try to incorporate more carbs into my diet. I hope by doing so things will balance themselves out and I won't have to put as much thought into what I'm eating in the future.

Personally, I find the nutrition element of dieting much more difficult than the exercising since I'd describe myself as a 'grab and go' eater, which means if its not fast or convenient I don't have time for it. Any suggestions of foods or meals that fit this criteria, which don't involve too much cooking? Thanks :-)
  • mikezlyrics
    Options
    I am the same way I have just started back this program and I find it easier to portion
    And make my meals for the night before and sometimes the week. If you have your food ready to go
    It makes a huge difference! But with the what to eat it was very hard for me
    Being a vegetarian and trying to get all the right foods. Wholefoods was my number one help.
  • jewelsnicole1
    Options
    my fridge is broken causing me to eat out, and im not losing a pound, what do i do? the balancing act for me is selection in food an doesnt need to be cold
  • jrebers
    Options
    I only really started tracking today (though am consistently watching what I eat, am just trying MFP as a way to take it to the next level and finally drop the last few kilos). I find the protein/carb ratio a bit out of whack, I was surprised as most 'diets' out there seem to be low carbs these days...