anyone suffer with IBS?

Options
Hi guys

Ive just been diagnosed with IBS and still a bit new to it, i suffer severely with it, if i get an attack im violently sick and in severe pain so im looking to lose weight and start eating properly to help manage what i have. Looking for some new friends who suffer with this who is also losing weight for tips and advice and to help each other. Even if you dont have IBS add me looking for new friends

Dawn :o)

Replies

• emmzthemac
    Options
    Hi Dawnie! I am Emily :-) just found this program today from my phone and I saw your post. I am 28 years old and I have sufferedn from IBS for 10 years now. At 16 diagnosed with gallbladder disease, I had stones and pain TERRIBLY for only 4 months before I HAD TO have my gallbladder removed as the stones were so large and doing so much damage while they traveled that it was almost killing me. When I had my galbladder removed at 17, I suffered from IBS. Had the feeling of "Gotta go right now" somedays to "cant go at all" other days. All the while being VERY aware of ALL the sensations of digestion from swallowing to exit. Cramping in my chest all the way down to my belly. Pain in my back and my sides. Gas and TERRIBLE craming in my gut and lower abdomen. VERY uncomfortable. I then was told I have Gastroparesis (a medical condition consisting of a paresis (partial paralysis) of the stomach, resulting in food remaining in the stomach for a longer period of time than normal) which hurts even more but is VERY OBVIOUS when I eat junk in any form.

I have had these types of feelings MOST of my life since then and EXPECIALLY when I slack on eating and stop exercising. I cant tell you HOW AMAZING eating right and exercising naturally relieves these symptoms. I have come to a place in my life where I am now a mother and "feeling backed up" and unenergetic is NO longer an option NOR even a desire. I cant live like this anymore. I have to go back to the days when I FELT AMAZING and effected positively by the things I eat and my activity level. I am here for ya if you need someone to talk to :-) and welcome!
  • emmzthemac
    Options
    My NUMBER ONE tip: water, water, water. Also a one a day vitimin.