Weak Moments?

Options
Hi all!

After logging my food intake for quite some time, I have realized that there are certain times... or to be more exact, one certain time during the day, when I am SUPER hungry and NOTHING fills me up. It happens about 7-8 hours after I wake up, regardless of when I actually wake up (which is usually 4am for work).

Anyway, around 7-8 hrs after I woke up I can't fill myself up for about an hour. I eat 6 small meals a day, about 3 hours apart. And I ALWAYS go over my calorie limit (for that meal, not for the day) during this time.

I don't think it's an actual hunger issue because NOTHING fills me up, but I'm not sure what is triggering this. What does everyone else do to get them through the "fridgerator raider" times LOL?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi all!

After logging my food intake for quite some time, I have realized that there are certain times... or to be more exact, one certain time during the day, when I am SUPER hungry and NOTHING fills me up. It happens about 7-8 hours after I wake up, regardless of when I actually wake up (which is usually 4am for work).

Anyway, around 7-8 hrs after I woke up I can't fill myself up for about an hour. I eat 6 small meals a day, about 3 hours apart. And I ALWAYS go over my calorie limit (for that meal, not for the day) during this time.

I don't think it's an actual hunger issue because NOTHING fills me up, but I'm not sure what is triggering this. What does everyone else do to get them through the "fridgerator raider" times LOL?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I used to work super early mornings, had to be at work by 4am and your body might be looking for energy from a lack of sleep.

Also, once you start to satisfy that urge to eat at a certain time your body remembers that you fill up at certain times and it will make you crave food even if you aren't hungry.

First, make sure you are getting enough sleep. Then plan your meals for certain times of the day and DO NOT eat inbetween. Doing this will "retrain" your body to eat at certain times. Last, but not least, make sure you are hydrating...

I found out after I left my job and I was getting enough sleep that my afternoon binges went away. Your body is a smart machine and it will do what it needs to do to avoid change, including asking for food at the same time everyday.

Good luck, I know it is annoying, and the fact that NOTHING fills you up makes it pretty clear there is another reason behind the need to eat than the actual need for nutrition, food is fuel and a tired body will try to get energy however it can! :flowerforyou:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Ya know, I never really thought about it being related to a lack of sleep... but now that you mention it, I get incredibly tired and usually take a nap if possible around the same time. I'll have to adjust my sleep schedule and see if that makes a difference... thanks!
  • lajuive
    lajuive Posts: 18
    Options
    The lack of sleep part scares me. I will try getting more sleep and see if it helps.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I have weak moments as well but mine are around 0300 -- I work nights

I read or saw it some where that your body needs at least 7 hours of sleep to reset your system. Getting 7 of hours sleep :laugh: per night helps with weight loss
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    Water!!!!
    :drinker:
    I find that sometimes if I feel hungry at work but can't stop & snack, ice water helps. It can also stave off that tired sluggish feeling.