Birthday Weekend=Too much weight gain :(

Options
Oh my gosh. I was doing great until my birthday rolled around this weekend. I put on 6 pounds! Thursday night was celebrating with the best friend, Friday my roommates took me out and then Saturday I was at home celebrating with the family.

6 pounds!

I'm just starting this week where I left off--counting calories and having self control. But it is so discouraging to see the damage I've done. :ohwell:

One day at a time, I know that's how I've got to take it

Replies

• thisisamyo
    thisisamyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I was doing great until my birthday rolled around this weekend. I put on 6 pounds! Thursday night was celebrating with the best friend, Friday my roommates took me out and then Saturday I was at home celebrating with the family.

6 pounds!

I'm just starting this week where I left off--counting calories and having self control. But it is so discouraging to see the damage I've done. :ohwell:

One day at a time, I know that's how I've got to take it
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... at the end of January I had a weekend of fun, and put on just as much.... It's taken me until now to finally get it off again! As discouraging as it is, you just got to keep pressing forward. It will come off!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I highly doubt those six pounds were "real." As in, it would take a lot to gain six pounds of actual fat in that little bit of time, so it's probably mostly water weight. :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You had the weekend, but you can start fresh tomorrow! I wonder if some of those 6 pounds isn't just water retention from sodium, too.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you feel that bad...now you know not to do it again.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ditto. 6lbsx3500=21000cals+ additional 6000cals or so of maintenance is 27000 cals you would have had to inject this weekend. Is is mainly water and refuse. And as others have recommended "PLEASE step away from the scale":smile:
    I highly doubt those six pounds were "real." As in, it would take a lot to gain six pounds of actual fat in that little bit of time, so it's probably mostly water weight. :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :drinker: 21 is a big one. Do you have a leap year birthday? Mine is tomorrow, but 22 is boring after 21. :laugh: