Protein Supplements

Options
Hi all,

I know there is lots of posts on this topic but so far I have just managed to confuse myself so I am afraid that you will have to have another one. Sorry.

I have been in the gym on and off for the last few months due to injury etc. I am now logging regularly and am wondering if I need to supplement my protein after work outs.

I have set my macros as per the default and am regularly hitting/exceeding them but understand MFP set's them low.

I have about 28lbs to loose and am starting back in the gym today properly.

Planning on doing an hours swimming on Tuesday then 25 Min's cardio and 35 Mins strength on the Thursday.

Tried out the weights just before christmas and come day 2 of recovery the DOMS in my arms were the worst I have had.

I drank a maxi-muscle milk from the machine straight after work out but that was all and am wondering if I need to grab some kind of protein shake/whey protein that I should be drinking once a day?

Whats the difference between whey protein and protein shakes?

What can I add to food? e.g. I have a bowl of porridge at my desk in the morning so can I add some kind of whey protein/protein shake?

Do I even need to as I swore that I would never use these types of things but that was before I understood the benefits of protein for building lean muscle etc.

I am popping into sports direct at lunch to have a look what they have got as they have a sale on as well and it is next to sainsbury's. Probably not the cheapest but it starts to help my understanding.

Sorry about the double post? Dunno what happened there. Only pressed submit once. I'll blame it on the wind lol.

Thanks for listening