Flavoured Water

Options
OK so I am finally free of my 2ltr+ a day pepsi max habit as I know caffeine can make you put on weight even if it is sugar free.
Put I am drinking more sparkling fruit flavoured water. It is about 20 cals a ltr which is fine but does it have a downside?

Replies

• kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Some flavored waters have sodium so if your drinking alot make sure you watch that (if you have sodium issues, I do which is why I know this).
  • FJHutch
    FJHutch Posts: 34
    Options
    Some flavored waters have sodium so if your drinking alot make sure you watch that (if you have sodium issues, I do which is why I know this).
    Just checked and for sodium it says 'trace' but that is a good tip, I will keep an eye out for that.
    Thank you :)
  • Chadwick891
    Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max isn't too bad to drink to be honest. It won't put on any significant weight drinking 2lt a day. However, less is more :)

If you want, you could try taking Scivation Xtend formula and mix that with your water. It's a tasty flavour and is enriched with Amino Acids that help benefit your body in a positive way!
  • FJHutch
    FJHutch Posts: 34
    Options
    I haven't heard of Scivation Xtend before, is that available in the UK?
  • ljcatch22
    ljcatch22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to be a huge soda drinker. Until I ended up with about a grand in dental bills because the acid had started to erode my once awesomely strong teeth. I drank A LOT of soda, like 2x to 3 x what you drank.

The only problem with flavored water is it usually has citric acid or other acids that erode the enamel of your teeth. It may be better than diet soda, but not by much.

I wanted oh-so-badly to find anything to drink that wasn't plain water. I think that acidic taste was what I like most about soda and flavored water. But almost all of the flavoring comes from stuff that isn't great for your teeth. So I buckled down and now drink plain H2O.