New to the forum - starting over

Options
I took December off watching my diet. Oops. I definitely haven't cracked maintenance. Goal is to get back down to 68kg (which I got to a couple of times last year) from 76kg (current BMI 21.3) before my big ride of the year (a 600km brevet) in mid May. My obvious weaknesses are beer (have a taste for barley wine) and ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey). I'm having a dry January and abstaining from ice cream until my first big ride of the season (200km brevet) in early February. I've seen how others benefit from having supporters on here, and hope that by publicly setting out my goals, I might get to add some people too. My goals are:

BMI of 19 (68kg)
Weight loss of > 0.5kg a week, so achieve that before May
Complete a super-randonneur series (200km, 300km, 400km, 600km)
Complete 400km and 600km in R80 qualifying time (I did 200 and 300 in R80 time last year during my SR series)

I was 97kg a couple of years ago, and have got myself in shape initially by running, then by taking up long-distance cycling (randonneuring). I can lose weight easily when I'm cycling a lot, but I can equally easily put it back on when I don't have an exercise goal to reach for. I find maintenance very boring. Thanks for reading. Any advice on maintenance would be very welcome.

Replies

• norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For me when I hit maitence will be to keep logging everything
    I know myself very well, and if I don't count each calories I will just put it in my head, that ok it doesn't count because it is so low anyhow
    but those low calories add up....so for me I have watch

feel free to add me if you wish
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 3 stone in the past couple of years and looked to being "sensible" over Christmas. Hahahaha. Now going to lose half a stone and try to maintain 110lb. I'd love to know why a week of mild indulgence turns into a month of rigid dieting to make up for it.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stay focus , stay focus, stay focus. Log your food, drink your water and keep that body moving. Don't forget the hard work you have already put into this . You must work harder now than you did before. Join a couple of challenges on this site to get your mind set of accountability
    I wish you all the best