Keeping doing the same old same old keep getting what I don'

Options
Seems every year I have friends or family who bring up the topic of weight loss. Its usually targetted towards what are my plans for weight loss this year. Unfortunately I can tell you everything you need to know about nutrition and exercise as I studied some of it in school, but follow through is not working. I have no motivation to go work it out. I have friends who occassionally say come work out with me but I am not able to afford a gym. A lot of exercise seems dull to me and to be honest it feels very uncomfortable. I always feels as if someone is watching me and laughing. So here we are 2012 and I have been doing the same old same old for 8 years. I will be 30 in one month and I still have not lost a pound. I do have a good nutrition program thanks to some friends and their personal trainer. However the exercise plan is still needing to be created because unfortunately I am a person who can cut out all the calories I want and still not lose a pound. I must exercise in order to lose weight. I have a hectic schedule with work which I think I have a few organization ideas that will help that situation. I vow this year to only work 40 hours a week because they are not paying me for more than that anyway. Any suggestions about how to incorporate free exercise will be nice. :)

Replies

• steffihoney
    Options
    Hi!

I am sorry everyone keeps bringing up your weight. Hopefully it is just concern and not insult.

It's a new year and sounds like time for some new habits. It does help to change your eating habits but exercise helps too. Free exercises...walking, jumping rope, sit ups, push ups, running. Basic exercises are always free. I was in the Army and they rely on push ups, sit ups, and running. You don't have to join a gym to lose weight; you just have to get moving!!!

Lots of luck!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Seems every year I have friends or family who bring up the topic of weight loss. Its usually targetted towards what are my plans for weight loss this year. Unfortunately I can tell you everything you need to know about nutrition and exercise as I studied some of it in school, but follow through is not working. I have no motivation to go work it out. I have friends who occassionally say come work out with me but I am not able to afford a gym. A lot of exercise seems dull to me and to be honest it feels very uncomfortable. I always feels as if someone is watching me and laughing. So here we are 2012 and I have been doing the same old same old for 8 years. I will be 30 in one month and I still have not lost a pound. I do have a good nutrition program thanks to some friends and their personal trainer. However the exercise plan is still needing to be created because unfortunately I am a person who can cut out all the calories I want and still not lose a pound. I must exercise in order to lose weight. I have a hectic schedule with work which I think I have a few organization ideas that will help that situation. I vow this year to only work 40 hours a week because they are not paying me for more than that anyway. Any suggestions about how to incorporate free exercise will be nice. :)
    Find an exercise you will enjoy. Dancing, walking, boxing, etc. or just any physical work. You have to MAKE time for it though. Designate a time that's just for YOU. Don't make any excuses to NOT make the time. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition