Gym flirting gone horribly.............right?

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
So I know we always here all the horror stories of gym stalkers and creepers. But there's gotta be a flip side, right? Who out there has a happy gym flirting story? Anyone meet a bf/gf or spouse at the gym?

Come on guys, let's here the stories!

Plus, I'm back at work after my awesome break so I need some entertainment! :laugh:

Replies

• Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Since I got to the gym so often, I have got to know most of the people there. So while no romance has occurred, I have made some very good friends.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I have one, the other way around. My husband (before we were married) introduced me to the gym. :laugh:
  • Jaimeleigh428
    Options
    oh hell no
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I have one, the other way around. My husband (before we were married) introduced me to the gym. :laugh:

Love this! Lol
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the sauna is pretty steamy too! LOL
    My friend's been hit on more than he cared for and stopped going to the men's locker room altogether.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Omg, does NO ONE have a positive story? Maybe it's impossible! Lmao
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Honestly you couldn't pay me to join a gym. When I work out it's serious business, my kids will wake me up for absolute nonsense but they WILL NOT even come into the room if I am working out. If someone came at me with B.S. I'd flip. I work out at home where I can get it done, work hard and don't have to wait for equipment.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym to flirt.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ill have to read after work
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I gym I go to is small, it does not have a sauna, or pool. And the shower is only big enough for one person at a time.
  • dddrrooiiddppss0088
    Options
    HA! I needed this. Some really funny stuff here!
  • Malani2010
    Options
    Well hubby and I go to the gym together so the only flirting and romance is between us two!!! I know we're boring but after 3 years of being together (2 years married) and 2 kids later we are still in love. He can still cause butterflies in my stomach when I see him. !!! We have the greatest marriage......Sorry I had to brag.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've worked at a gym for the past 3.5 years and unfortunately, this does not surprise me!

I've heard that the sauna is pretty steamy too! LOL
    My friend's been hit on more than he cared for and stopped going to the men's locker room altogether.

I pretty much stopped swimming when a creepy old dude was congratulating me on my weightloss and then put his hand on my bare stomach. And lingered!

:noway:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i finally had to swtich which la fitness i went to. some creepo would not leave me alone and followed me everywhere around the gym! ugh! thank god there are a couple close by, oh and the eye candy at the new one was worth the switch lol
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This has always baffled me. For one, women seem to be a little more uptight at the gym because they're not all dolled or aren't wearing makeup or very little makeup. Two, its a gym, people are there to work out. I don't see too much socializing. It's hard to talk to people when running or hitting the weights. With that being said, I've had a few women flirt with me but nothing to write home to Mom about.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    This has always baffled me. For one, women seem to be a little more uptight at the gym because they're not all dolled or aren't wearing makeup or very little makeup. Two, its a gym, people are there to work out. I don't see too much socializing. It's hard to talk to people when running or hitting the weights. With that being said, I've had a few women flirt with me but nothing to write home to Mom about.
    well i dont know what those *****es problem is Tim!
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a local martial arts (kickboxing & krav maga) school. I met a really sweet, amazing guy there out of the blue... he was very shy and it took us a while to go from friends to dating...

and we just got married in September :):)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    well i dont know what those *****es problem is Tim!
    All I get a girls that are way to young for me...
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, my hair is messed up, I'm all sweaty, and I'm usually breathing very heavily. If you want to hit on someone who looks like that, well, good luck! Ha!
  • Get_Inspired2011
    Options
    Gym flirting gone horribly WONDERFUL!! =] I met my bf at a support group meeting (for WLS), and we started talking and going to the gym together! We quickly became HUGE motivators for each other and dropped some serious weight... I've lost 99lbs, he's lost 178lbs! (Still trying to catch up to him, lol)... But to make a long story short, we're still going to the gym together, still continue to motivate each other, and couldn't be happier! It makes going to the gym exciting and fun... Although there are some horror stories here, lol, sometimes things do work out! =] <3