Getting Married This Year? (Ladies only!)

Options

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We're planning on getting married September/November this year- or Autumn 2013.. the date hasn't quite been set due to some financial things, but it is a big part I'm losing weight. I am planning to hit my goal by July this year, but could definitely use some motivation to keep it off until the wedding! And congrats to every one who is already hitched :)
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. :-) I'm getting married September 29, 2012 and although I already bought my dress, I don't mind getting it altered down a couple sizes. :-) I'd love to motivate fellow brides if you promise to kick me in the butt when I need it! Lol

I bought my dress too... nearly 18 months ago. Wasn't even engaged until Nov 2011 :) Found a dress and LOVED it, friend made me try it on so I had to go home with it!!!
  • jenlarkin300384
    jenlarkin300384 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd found this site before my Wedding last May 2011. But I wouldn't have changed anything else :D
  • Officersbride2b
    Options
    SO excited I found this thread!!! Im getting married to the love of my life on October 6th, 2012!!!!! I def need some support because in 6 months Im purchasing my dress and absolutley NO----ifs, ands, or buts that it HAS to at least be a size 8!!! I am a size 14 now, starting ZUMBA and joined MFP should get me there along with some friends and MFP's!! :)

~~~~LETS DO THIS TOGETHER GIRLS!!!!~~~~ :heart:
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yay! i'm getting married May 25th! I have about 5 pounds to lose (all weight i gained back over the holiday) and I have until the end of march to do it (thats when I get my dress alterations done)! then I need to maintain until the wedding!
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies!!!!!!! You all will be beautiful on your special days!
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yay!! I am getting married next year, 2013, in April.

So I am planning to be in the best shape ever by then!! I got about 30ish pounds, maybe less if the weight is muscle.. does that make any sense?

But I have a sooner goal. This summer we are going to FL to the beaches -- and I am DYING to have that summer bikini bod!!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm getting married 10-13-12, since i've ordered my dress i've dropped -19.6 lbs. My dress is in and go and get it the 23 I'm so excited :)
  • bewitched2982
    bewitched2982 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. :-) I'm getting married September 29, 2012 and although I already bought my dress, I don't mind getting it altered down a couple sizes. :-) I'd love to motivate fellow brides if you promise to kick me in the butt when I need it! Lol

I'm also getting married September 29th! I have been putting off dress shopping so that I can hopefully lose some weight first!
    I'd love to work on it with you all! :)
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August 4th this year and it's a huge motivator for me to get healthy! Good luck to all of you and congrats on the weddings!!
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I am going to Jamaica in May 2012 to get married & honeymoon. I need to loose about 10 pounds & tone up so I can not only look great in a wedding dress, but a bikini too! The holidays really got me off track & I gained back a few pounds. I need to REALLY REALLY get my motivation back!!!! So excited about this post - I need some bride-to-be friends to share some support & motivation with!!!!!! Add me!
  • I'm getting married 12/15/12 in Charlotte, NC! Ordered my dress but was told they can cut it down to nothing if I lose weight. I'm losing as much as I can before my bridal portrait in October!
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    September 8, 2012!! Already got a dress and ordered it a size too small. Talk about motivation!! 20lbs down since last March. Lets make it another 15 by September!!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I am getting married Sept 21st....Yay!! I was looking for some new supportive friends as well what a great match up!
    Add me!!
  • mm030381
    Options
    Hooray:) I'm getting married on Sept 8th, 2012! I'm excited to have found others in the same boat:)
  • evb293
    evb293 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im getting married 3rd Feb :-) need to lose those extra pounds quickly!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Getting married June 23rd! Need to lose at least 30 more pounds!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR 2012 WEDDINGS! Mine is going to be July 1, 2012... if we dont just decide to go ahead and elope before that... ;) Im soooo excited! The Man is awesome, and he's so great with my kids... If any brides-to-be want to add me, I sure could use the oomphffff!! Lol
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    SO excited I found this thread!!! Im getting married to the love of my life on October 6th, 2012!!!!! I def need some support because in 6 months Im purchasing my dress and absolutley NO----ifs, ands, or buts that it HAS to at least be a size 8!!! I am a size 14 now, starting ZUMBA and joined MFP should get me there along with some friends and MFP's!! :)

~~~~LETS DO THIS TOGETHER GIRLS!!!!~~~~ :heart:

AGREED! I am not going dress shopping until June/July. That gives me 6 months to drop 40-50 pounds (which is right under 2 lbs/week and totally do-able) before I go. I will definitely be a 10/12 by then, and then want to lose another 30-40 before the wedding and hopefully get my dress altered down to a single digit!

We are ordering the bridesmaid dresses this week and they're adorable - I'm having a destination wedding and not having a reception until after I return to my hometown. SO - I'm ordering the white version of their dress for me to change into for our post-wedding dinner. I'm buying my "goal weight" size as inspiration. IT WILL FIT!!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 23rd of this year - just got engage Christmas Eve.... Totally want to lose at least 50 pounds before my big day. I'm making my own wedding dress so alterations are NO PROBLEM. Would love friends and support for the journey