Help with a plate incident this morning.......how to clean..

Options
porka29
porka29 Posts: 868 Member
Hi all, I didn't know where else to put this silly little thing that happened to me this morning. I decided on here and hope perhaps someone can assist.

I have not as yet bought a microwave bacon cooker (switched back to real lower sodium bacon after reading eat this not that) so I've been using an old corelleware plate. Obviously it comes out really hot and full of grease that i have to drain off, well.......................in my haste I set this plate on top of my Thomas' Light english muffin package and the entire top of the package melted onto the bottom of my plate:laugh: :laugh: While it looks quite funny, I really would like to get it off and have tried washing, scrubbing, etc.

Hoping someone has a wise secret to help:happy:

Replies

• porka29
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't know where else to put this silly little thing that happened to me this morning. I decided on here and hope perhaps someone can assist.

I have not as yet bought a microwave bacon cooker (switched back to real lower sodium bacon after reading eat this not that) so I've been using an old corelleware plate. Obviously it comes out really hot and full of grease that i have to drain off, well.......................in my haste I set this plate on top of my Thomas' Light english muffin package and the entire top of the package melted onto the bottom of my plate:laugh: :laugh: While it looks quite funny, I really would like to get it off and have tried washing, scrubbing, etc.

Hoping someone has a wise secret to help:happy:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :laugh: no idea girl - but this totally sounds like something i would do...:blushing:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    i don't know for sure (when I've burned plastic, I've been able to peel it off when it cools), but how about a Mr. Clean Eraser - that's get EVERYTHING off.
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Try freezing it and then see if you can "tink" it off with something
  • firetuck
    Options
    Try freezing it and then see if you can "tink" it off with something
  • firetuck
    Options
    ok- no idea why that posted twice
  • porka29
    Options
    :laugh: no idea girl - but this totally sounds like something i would do...:blushing:

ha ha, I hear ya! I laughed at myself and when bf did the dishes this evening he was like wtf?:laugh: Obviously I had thought I could get it off before resulting to asking on here:tongue:
  • porka29
    Options
    No Mr. clean erasers left, I think I used my last one getting bf's boot scuffs off the tile :laugh:

Freezing, that's a good idea.

I was also thinking I would do the bacon again tomorrow and hope it loosens up or will that strengthen up the adherence?

Poor plate:laugh:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Try either Mr Clean Magic Eraser, Degreaser or Clorax Clean-up. This happens all the thime in my kitchen because the kids put things to close to the toaster oven. I can't remember which one works best but I have had good results with all three.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I always use heat again to remove something that was melted.

worked on my plastic spoon I adhered to my favorite Emerils cook pan.

put the dish in the micro for 2 min...........check to see if it is working
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Try easy off, sounds weird but I manage to get the weirdest things that get stuck to my cookware/plates, and easy off always gets it clean, just let it sit overnight...hope it works.
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I don't have any advice that wasn't already given, but I'm curious why you chose regular bacon over turkey bacon??
  • porka29
    Options
    I really appreciate all your responses, I will see what happens:happy:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I don't have any advice that wasn't already given, but I'm curious why you chose regular bacon over turkey bacon??

If you compare the labels you will find that some regular bacon is actually better for you. I perferr turkey bacon because of the taste.
  • porka29
    Options

I had been eating turkey bacon as I thought it was better (this is a debate I've seen around) as just seemed better in terms of cals and stuff. When I looked at the sodium content of the turkey bacon that I get only 29 cals for it was higher as Eat this Not that inidicated on Oprah (I also bought the book as a result). This was shocking for me cause although I liked it, I have found that the two slices of low sodium real bacon tastes better. That's my story..............:tongue:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I haven't compared sodium contents, but I know that the turkey bacon I have gotten was significantly lower in calories and fat than the regular bacon.
  • porka29
    Options
    I haven't compared sodium contents, but I know that the turkey bacon I have gotten was significantly lower in calories and fat than the regular bacon.

Yeah, so was mine, Jennie O turkey bacon. But I think I have been going over so much on sodium that this may be inhibiting my weight loss and I love me a good breakfast . I LOVE the Morningstar non meat sausage patties (big deal from a girlie from VA who loved her sausage) but they were quite high in calories for one patty and the sodium was crazy. I guess it's a "pick your battle" idea. I have also picked up Walden Farms salad dressing that I used years ago and they're even better now for no calories and no sugar because I see that I was taking in more sodium from salad dressings!!! I use the fat free cheeses, it comes in high there too - again picking my battles :wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Yeah, so was mine, Jennie O turkey bacon. But I think I have been going over so much on sodium that this may be inhibiting my weight loss and I love me a good breakfast . I LOVE the Morningstar non meat sausage patties (big deal from a girlie from VA who loved her sausage) but they were quite high in calories for one patty and the sodium was crazy. I guess it's a "pick your battle" idea. I have also picked up Walden Farms salad dressing that I used years ago and they're even better now for no calories and no sugar because I see that I was taking in more sodium from salad dressings!!! I use the fat free cheeses, it comes in high there too - again picking my battles :wink:

totally going thru the same thing with sodium. really trying to watch it. i was thinking making receipes at home would help. but even by doing that you still add cheese etc. with a bunch of sodium. got more to try though...live and learn and just try to balance is all i can say.
    i did switch to regular PB because of the sodium and carbs in reduced fat. :wink:
  • porka29
    Options

totally going thru the same thing with sodium. really trying to watch it. i was thinking making receipes at home would help. but even by doing that you still add cheese etc. with a bunch of sodium. got more to try though...live and learn and just try to balance is all i can say.
    i did switch to regular PB because of the sodium and carbs in reduced fat. :wink:

Funny that you mention pb.............one of my all time fave foods. I bought the Walden Farms pb spread, was and still am happy with it on a rice cake, but not like a sandwich or muffin topper:wink: with that said, I bought a can of reduced fat pb and think I must've ate it within days of buying it.:noway: so this time I did the same as I did with my mayonnaise, I bought the balance one with the extra omega 3's. It is okay, but I'm being more strict with myself about it much like the mayo. Funny how things work huh?
  • porka29
    Options
    Re heating didn't work so I guess feeezing or me clean eraser are next plans of action