You can do it!!

Options
Don't try to do it all at once. This is what has worked for me:
Cut out 1 thing at a time, over time, that you know you shouldn't eat. Just one little thing. For me, because I like rich foods (fat) that is what I cut little by little. I did this beginning last fall. It took forever to lose the 1st 10 pounds but once I saw it was working I was encouraged to continue cutting out more and more. All in all I lost 40 lbs in a year this way. But it was like 10 pounds in 6 months, then 30 lbs in 6 months. Now I am working on that last 10! Eat beans, grains and vegetables- because they are not fatty you can eat A lot. They are very filling and help cut cravings. Another reason this worked was I didn't feel deprived. In my mind, I thought, ok, I don't need to pour oil into this pan- won't miss it! So I could eat something else I liked more- a trade off.
So! The things to cut: fried foods, dairy products, fatty meats, oils, butter, nuts, coconut, peanut butter, oil based sauces and dressings. Every single time you look at your plate or contemplate a meal ask yourself: What can I do Without on this plate? How can I order/prepare this food to make it healthy?
So! What to eat? beans, grains, vegetables, a little fruit, non-fat yogurt, cereal, whole grain bread (not too much), and a Small amount of low-fat; fish, chicken, turkey, pork. There are an infinite number of ways to combine them. They are the basis of many 'peasant foods' in several ethnic varieties of foods and most often the key is to stock the pantry with the right herbs and spices to make it all yummy. A lot of these can be prepared in a crock pot to cook while you are away so when you walk in the door hungry you have a hearty healthy meal instead of grabbing convenience foods.
For exercise I walk my dog and do Pilates. Pilates is Friggin' Awesome! Its simple- once you have been to a class or watched DVDs it is easy to practice on your own. You do not any special equipment. I have a 20 or so minute routine that I do on the carpet while watching TV at night. i didn't think my arm fat would ever go away! But it did, and so did everything else :)
I hope this helps someone, and wish me luck on my last 10!