water intake during cold weather

does anyone have a problem with drinking water during cold weather? i tend to want hot drinks when its freezing outside. it takes me all morning to drink 2 cups of coffee and then i want it again in the afternoon especially on the days i work. :smile:

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I feel the same. I try to roughly schedule my water intake-- like I make sure I drink a full 2 cups with each meal and 2 more cups in the evening. Also I drink hot decaff teas and more broths to stay hydrated.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    I thought I was the only one with this problem! it's just too darn cold! maybe I'll try hot water and lemon
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    you should take care to continue to drink water even during the cooler temperatures. it takes your body a little extra to warm up the air in your lungs, therefore you can dehydrate quicker.
  • @Misty, that is a great idea! I only drink cold water when doing my workouts. I ALWAYS add Hot water to my cold water. That is the only way I can get it down. And yes I too find it harder to drink water during cold weather!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    while i like to drink ice water (it's more refreshing and better for your metabolism) i do have a hard time drinking it during the winter.

so instead i add cucumber and lemon slices to a gallon of water every morning and take it with me to work.
    i drink it at room temp, and have no problem finishing the bottle every day.

i also do not allow myself to drink my morning coffee until i've had atleast 2 glasses of water.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    I thought I was the only one with this problem! it's just too darn cold! maybe I'll try hot water and lemon

I like this idea and will try it. I have the hardest time drinking cold water now, but I don't drink coffee or hot chocolate. My children also have a hard time drinking this time of year. I was just telling them to drink "just a little more" this morning to keep hydrated. Then I had to explain what hydrated meant.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    I have the same issue, I want hot coffee and tea when it is cold but water is so important during winter! Hot water with lemon is suppose to be a good detoxifier ( if that is even a word) also, I use a refillable water bottle free from BFA's I found at Target that has the oz measurements on the bottle...whenever I drink my coffee or tea, I make sure I drink the same oz in water at the same time, this way I still get the hot and helps me get in the 9-14 glasses of water I drink a day!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    thanks everyone for the good tips.....hot water with lemon sounds interesting...will have to give that try