First Day

Options
Just joined. Before I gained my college weight, I only weighed 130 lbs. During college, I gained weight until I was 175 lbs. I couldn't believe how awful I felt and looked in clothing. I used DailyBurn for a few years in college and lost 20 lbs. I have been using Livestrong on and off the last 2 years but have gained 5 lbs. I am now around 159 lbs, hoping to get down to around 145 or so before my 25th birthday on April 5th.

Thought I might try this out since it has more customization options and it’s free. Recently, my endocrinologist wanted me to go on a low-carb diet to see if I could lose 10-15 lbs. I am finding it slightly difficult because I never realized how many carbs I eat. I am just now starting to eat some vegetables. I have never cared for their taste or texture. Slowly, I have learned to like spinach, leeks, green onions and mushrooms in soup. If anyone has any suggestions for helping go low-carb or places to find simple recipes, I am all ears.

Replies

• carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. I have been with MFP for about a week and I love it! This will be such a great site for you. I love to cook so I am always looking for healthy recipes. I love the weight watcher's recipes (especially their BBQ chicken made from Pepsi and ketchup). here's the link to that site. http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/index.aspx

Also, if you just Google "low cal recipes" ton's come up!

Hope this helps you! Feel free to add me if you want some support and if you ever need something, let me know. =]
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    welcome! if you need friends, just ask!
  • Goopta
    Goopta Posts: 5
    Options
    I just opened my account yesterday and I love it. I went for a jog this morning and I only ate a banana for breakfast. This website helps a lot. Im sure you'll enjoy it also :)
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    welcome!!!ilove this site,hope you love it as much as i do!!!good luck and burn those nasty calories!!!:bigsmile:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    you can do it! =)
  • gorgonaki
    gorgonaki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is my first day on here too. My colleague introduced me to this website and I really like the user friendly interface. I once had tried to use sparkspeople but found the food diary too tedious.

I am a mom of 2 children and work full time in the health care world.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds this year and I know I can do it, as I lost 35 pounds from July to December 2011. This time, I would like to incorporate working out to my routine.

Take Care,
    :smile:
  • amarillopotter
    amarillopotter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I signed up for My Fitness Pal long ago and sadly never used it; I was busy and kept using that as an excuse not to worry about it. I have decided it is time to stop procrastinating and start paying attention to what I eat and how much I exercise each day. I have about 70 pounds to loose and am looking forward to reaching my goal. After just going partially through my first day I now realize that I underestimate the amount of calories I take in and overestimate how many I burn. This is so quick and easy I don't know why I put if off so long. I wish everyone luck and look forward to my first day on this plan. :smile: