Hello tomorrow

Options
Hello to all of you. My name is Alley and I am more than ready for a change. I am young, married, and a college graduate. I am also not as small as I used to be, and inside it's killing me.

Over the last couple of years, the pounds have done nothing but follow me around. When I was in HS, I was very active in sports, 3/4 of the year. Afterwards, I did nothing and boy has it affected me.

I heard about this website through a co-worker and thought I would give it a try. I guess my biggest downfalls would be that: 1.) I eat VERY unhealthy and 2.) I just can't get the motivation to go work out. My husband has never been one to go to a gym, so it's like pulling teeth getting him to go with me. So I don't have much of a support base. I'm not going to lie, I need help.

I need that support base that says, "Hey, did your butt go work out today?" And tell me that I need to when I don't. So hopefully this site will help me get a good start, and I will stick with my goal!

And ideas, questions, or comments would be GREAT!!! :)

Replies

• amtish
    amtish Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello to all of you. My name is Alley and I am more than ready for a change. I am young, married, and a college graduate. I am also not as small as I used to be, and inside it's killing me.

Over the last couple of years, the pounds have done nothing but follow me around. When I was in HS, I was very active in sports, 3/4 of the year. Afterwards, I did nothing and boy has it affected me.

I heard about this website through a co-worker and thought I would give it a try. I guess my biggest downfalls would be that: 1.) I eat VERY unhealthy and 2.) I just can't get the motivation to go work out. My husband has never been one to go to a gym, so it's like pulling teeth getting him to go with me. So I don't have much of a support base. I'm not going to lie, I need help.

I need that support base that says, "Hey, did your butt go work out today?" And tell me that I need to when I don't. So hopefully this site will help me get a good start, and I will stick with my goal!

And ideas, questions, or comments would be GREAT!!! :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey, did your butt work out today?:laugh:

Welcome to the best site ever!:flowerforyou:
    Log in EVERYTHING and drink your water and exercise is key!!! Ok, now get going!!:tongue:

Good luck with all your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation, but you can do it! :wink:

Now go work out and drink your water.:drinker: :drinker:

Drink at least 64 oz a day that is a key factor. I know it is hard trust me, i hate plain water but it helps so much.
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Welcome:smile::smile:

This site is a great support system. You will find all kinds of helpful information.
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Hope you tomorrow is going good for you. Keep up the good work:smile::smile: