Calories

I am wondering if I should be calculating my 8 hour workday into My Fitnesspal somewhere. Does it count as exercise? I stand the whole time I am working, and I walk around the store a lot and I lift things. (I work in retail) Thank you!!

Replies

• Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    I am wondering if I should be calculating my 8 hour workday into My Fitnesspal somewhere. Does it count as exercise? I stand the whole time I am working, and I walk around the store a lot and I lift things. (I work in retail) Thank you!!

Factored in when you set your daily activity level
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    When you first set up your profile, I believe it asks you to select your daily activity level, and it's pretty career-based. You can always go to "change your goals" and see what you selected for that part, and make sure it's fitting for your retail job.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,549 Member
    This would factor into your lifestyle-sedentary, lightly active, active, etc. I would think you would be lightly active so that activity is taken into consideration my MFP when it calculates your deficit. Any additional exercise you do would be entered separately and you would eat those calories.
  • Thank you! :-)