Packed lunches

2»

Replies

• G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Most of my dinners are healthy crock-pot meals: stews, soups, roasts, chicken & veggies, etc., and I almost always cook enough food to have leftovers to take to work for a few days, so that's my main staple. I also love to take a big huge salad, because I can eat tons of veggies without going over in calories. If I'm not eating salad, I have, fresh carrots, celery, or broccoli, or maybe some pickles. I also keep a variety of nuts and dried fruits that I can toss into a little snack baggie or small tupperware container and use for snacks. Low-cal skim milk string cheese also makes a great snack. And I generally have a piece of fruit each day. With lots of healthy items in my lunch, I can eat all day, feel quite full, and still not go overboard in calories!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    I do a plain baked potato with cottage cheese on top with a fruit, I also make couscous. It only takes 5 mins. I saute my veggies I do red, yellow green peppers, onions and garlic saute then I add the couscous with a little bit of balsamic vinegar. You can make egg salad sandwiches with a salad or I make cauliflower in the oven with extra virgin olive oil and onions. Make chicken ahead of time and just grab and go during the week. Make your own homemade lunches and freeze them.