Whats for lunch??

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Some lightened up lasagna =)

Okay.....so it's still 430 cals....but that's pretty good right?

Whole wheat noodles, chicken sausage, roasted peppers, skim ricotta, and a asiago bechemel made with skim milk instead of mozzarella. And homemade tomato sauce.

I say thats fabulous! Its not ALL about calories.. It can be better for you depending whats IN your lunch!

whole wheat noodles? chicken sausage? check! roasted peppers? check! skim ricotta? check! asiago made with skim milk? check! AND homemade tomato sauce? check check!

In my eyes, youre the bomb! lol

Thank you! I have a complex about Italian food. Probably because eating too much of it is what put me on the weight loss track to begin with ;-) I have a serious weakness for cheese covered carbs....but don't we all....lol
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A couple of cups of spring mix with 6oz chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, a sprinkle of feta and balsamic vinegar dressing. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt w/berries and honey for dessert/snack later this afternoon =)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had leftovers from dinner last night...Tortellini Chicken Skillet & Brussel Sprouts!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Taco salad- Corn tortillas with romaine lettuce, refried black beans and jalapenos, mushrooms, and balsamic vinaigrette

It was really good =]
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love corn tortillas too! Today I just had a homemade salad w/ chicken breast marinated in Lawry's baja sauce.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    I had a turkey wrap & a whole cucumber. Super yummy! Whole wheat tortilla, mustard, Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce & sun dried tomato turkey from the deli (my fav!)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian pho!
  • pokesfan48
    Options
    I had a turkey sandwich with a 1/2 T of light miracle whip and some broccoli slaw mix. Pretty boring but I wasn't in the mood for a big lunch.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I had a salmon fillet with Ainsleys wild mushroom and garlic cous cous.......367 cals and really filling....
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I will be eating 2 McChickens and 2 McDoubles from McDonnalds, i'm on a bulk, trying to get to 225. So far i have another 2,000+ calories to eat today.
  • dewybuttercup
    Options
    Salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese and light ranch dressing- yum!
  • NewMe2dayN4ever
    Options
    how many calories are in your lunch? I am starting this all today and am really wondering what to do for lunches, how do you prepare your tortillas?
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    today a cup of homemade vegetarian black bean soup with a grilled turkey burger
  • Rebekah2918
    Rebekah2918 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    K, this maybe weird but I LOVE brussels sprouts and was feeling awfully lazy today so I made half a bag of frozen spouts and ate them with just salt and pepper and for my protein/dessert I had a greek yogurt. Lack luster, I know. : )
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    how many calories are in your lunch? I am starting this all today and am really wondering what to do for lunches, how do you prepare your tortillas?

My lunches are usually somewhere around 300 calories. I eat a light lunch because I like to have a big dinner. You can portion your calories throughout the day to suit your schedule and preferences. As long as you are within your calorie alotment when you eat doesn't matter.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Left over spinach quiche. I made it myself with egg beaters, spinach, onions, red peppers, and 2% milk. I put a tablespoon of artichoke-pepperoncini spread but otherwise no other cheese. I love homeade quiche that I don't need to feel quilty about eating. I am on a mission to perfect a carrot crust to make it extra yummy! Add two clementines and some water to round it out and I am in heaven instead of trying to get thru my first day back at work.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    PITA PIT IS MY <word that rhymes with pit>

Seriously I get a tasty, fresh lunch loaded with veggies that's only 355 calories. There's just no beating that!

Our little town just got a Pita Pit, but I definitely agree. I looked up the calorie count on my sandwich (hummus, spinach, tomato, onion and cucumber on wheat) when I got back and it was only 315!! And it was delicious and very filling.
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Our little town just got a Pita Pit, but I definitely agree. I looked up the calorie count on my sandwich (hummus, spinach, tomato, onion and cucumber on wheat) when I got back and it was only 315!! And it was delicious and very filling.

I get so jealous of places that aren't Mississippi. Some day I'll see a Pita Pit and a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's in real life.... :tongue:
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I had a low carb tortilla with pinto beans, chopped onion, a sprinkling of shredded Mexican cheese, picante sauce, and cholula sauce. Sooooo yummy and filling!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have a new found love for corn tortillas... my lunch today is chicken fajita tacos on corn tortillas, with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, black bean pico and salsa! Yes, I am in love.

Curious to know what others are eating today?? :)

I love doing quesadillas that are stuffed with carmalized onions, bella mushrooms, swiss cheese and A1 sauce. Soooooooooo good!

But for lunch today I had leftovers bento-style. Check my MFP blog if you really want to know heh.