Weighing yourself

Options
I have been back on it now for two days, but I have the desperate urge to weigh myself every morning !! What are you supposed to do? should you only weigh once a week? when is the best time and day?

Replies

• katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. shrugs. Keeps me accountable..but I only log my weigh ins 3 days a week here.
  • scottrey
    scottrey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    People will tell you to only weigh yourself once a week or so to get an idea of real progress, as weight can fluctuate quite a bit day to day. If it makes you feel better to weigh yourself daily, do it. You won't see a decrease every day, and you will see some increases, but it's kind of fun to track your progress daily.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You will likely get different answers to this. Many say once a week is enough. Its important to weight yourself at the same time of day with the same approximate amount of clothing on...or none. I weigh first thing in the morning. I do weight myself just about every day for my own satisfaction...or not.
  • whit1108
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I only put the weight that i get on here on friday mornings :) I always do it right before the weekend because weekend are hard for me to stay on track and when i see my weight that friday morning that i log i tend to stay on track during the weekend. I push myself more to not eat that bad food from the results I saw on friday morning :)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am a scale addict and can't stay away. I weigh myself every night as I get changed for bed and every morning when I get up. The night ones I don't put much stock in as they can vary alot depending how much liquid I drank and what we had for dinner. The morning I hope for the number to remain stable or hopefully drop some. I like it because it gives me motivation no matter what... if it drops I feel great and have extra confidence all day. If it stays the same I just keep on keeping on. And when it does creep up I know I need to double up my efforts.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    As long as weighing yourself every day doesn't get you down, go for it. You gotta know that there are going to be days when you're up, though.
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up after I've had a pee and before I have breakfast but I only log my weight once a week. Its fine to weigh yourself daily just be prepared to see your weight fluctuate. I've once weighed myself In the morning I was 8 stone 3 lbs weighed myself the same evening and it read as 8 stone 8lbs weighed again the next morning back Down to 8 stone 3 lbs it's crazy xx
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only count Monday's. But then, I graph my intake, my burn, and my cumulative deficit too. Yeah, I'm kind of a nerd at times. :flowerforyou:
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself almost every morning, naked, after I go to the bathroom.
    i say just use the same scale and don't freak out if the scale reads a few pounds extra on some mornings.

i only log my weight if it goes down and sometimes only if it stays down for a few days or so.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i do it most mornings, just like to see whats going on, i do not obcess about it by no means, and i only take an "official" reading once a week.
  • DawnieCurz
    DawnieCurz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I dont feel so bad about weighing myself every morning now. :-)