starting all over again in a healthier way :)

Options
(i posted this a week ago and i realized it was under the wrong forum. haha fail.)

Hey everyone :smile: This is my first time talking about my experience and I'm gonna share it with you so you won't end up in the same situation as I did.

I started using MFP in May earlier this year and stopped when school started in September. MFP did a lot for me, it helped me lose a lot of weight and feel good about myself. The only problem is that I went overboard in dieting and exercising. I spent my whole summer in an unhealthy way of losing weight. My daily caloric intake that time was 700, and I exercised for 2 hrs, 4 times a week. There were even times when my net calories went negative and I felt powerful over myself. I became obsessed with my weight (I used to weigh myself more than once a day) specially when people started noticing my improvements. MFP kept on telling me to raise my daily goal to 1,200 because I would go into "starvation mode" but I didn't care. Then one moment I've suddenly developed an eating disorder. I'm pretty sure it's not bulimia because I don't purge, but I do restrict myself from food, feel guilty, binge, and the pattern goes on.

I lost tons of weight from my extreme method, from 123 to 102. Then I suddenly stopped tracking my diet and exercise last September because I couldn't balance my studies and weight loss at the same time. Another thing that made me stop my delusional way is when I realized I've not been having my period for months. So I ditched MFP and tried to do it by myself but failed. I gained some weight as a result of over restricting myself from food and exercising too much. My pants are starting to tighten again and I started seeing fats in the worst parts of my body (thighs, legs, hips, bellow belly button, arms).

Right now I weigh 108 lbs. This morning when I woke up I told myself I'm gonna start over again-- this time, in a healthier way of losing weight. My target weight is 98 lbs, which has been my original goal since then. I would've reached 98 lbs back then if I continued my unhealthy way but I can't live forever with just 700 calories a day. I promise myself I'm gonna get my abs back (yes, I had them before HAHA) in a way that my body can keep up with and not shut down. Starting today, I'm gonna get back on track. I'm gonna watch my calories with a 1,200 daily goal, exercise 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes, weigh myself weekly, and be positive on my outlook in life. :heart: 

Replies