College Food? Help!

Options
Mac and cheese, frozen dinners, chips and dip, none of this is helping me reach my goals! I'm looking for easy, healthy, but most of all cheap recipes. I would love some meals I can make in bulk so that I can eat the leftovers for a few days. Breakfast is the hardest. Grabbing a donut is so easy but it certainly doesn't fuel me for a day at college! But there just isn't time to make eggs every morning. HELP!!!

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You can make hard boiled eggs the night before and grab a few in the morning.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt and a banana. Both easy to just grab and eat when there's time.
    While your gathering your things for the day you could: toast a bagel or heat up some oatmeal.

Snacks: Keep a bowl on your counter full of serving sized bags ready to go
    -Fruit bars- full serving of fruit and veggies :)
    -Raisins
    -Nuts
    -Crackers
    - Fruits and Veggies: Cut them up as soon as you get home from the store and put them a serving or two in a bag so you can just grab a bag and be good. Need dip? Find the little condiment cups with covers (probably can easily get them at Sam's or walmart) and put in a serving of ranch or peanutbutter.

Hope that gives you some ideas
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    Try a whole wheat sandwich round with some peanut butter, a medium banana and some grapes. Literally takes 3 minutes to put together and 5 minutes to eat, so not a problem if youre busy. As for dinners. you can make whole wheat pastas with low sodium, no sugar sauce and ground turkey and freeze it. If you need more help, a lot of people have their food diaries open to check out.