running clothes for women over a size 16

Options
2»

Replies

• NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i agree with the comments about old navy & kohl's. i'd also suggest checking out places like a t.j. maxx or marshall's (good stuff, cheap!).

one thing that i have learned with my running gear is that most items that i have don't come with a draw string at the waist (i tend to opt for running tights/capris). as you are becoming more fit & loosing weight a draw string can be a real savior - i absolutely hate having to hike up my pants as i'm running & a draw string saves you from that annoyance quite nicely.

another suggestion is to go with pants that are a little snug - but not uncomfortably so, of course. two things: 1) you are going to loose inches over the course of your training so you want your gear to last for more than a few months; and 2) pants that are a little bit too big can lead to chaffing.

good luck on your race!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    JcPenney carries the Xersion line of activewear!! I promise, I never will wear anything else... until I get skinny. The pants are super flattering and they are true-to-size. Check it out.. you will not be disappointed.
  • allisami
    allisami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the information. I went to Walmart and JCP. Found enough for now.... next time I buy, I will be fitting into the Nike stuff. hahah!