So maybe there is some truth in not eating enough calories

Options
My daily goal is 1340 calories. I earned 945 calories at the gym. I was there for three hours. I busted my hump! I ended up only consuming 1171 calories. I just wasn't hungry so I didn't eat anything else. I drank about 2 gallons of water also. So I get on the scale first thing this morning and I gained a pound!!! :noway: I was floored. So today I am consuming all 1340 of my calories and a few extra pending my time at the gym to see if it really makes a difference!

All that work at the gym and I gain a pound...go figure!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1340 calories. I earned 945 calories at the gym. I was there for three hours. I busted my hump! I ended up only consuming 1171 calories. I just wasn't hungry so I didn't eat anything else. I drank about 2 gallons of water also. So I get on the scale first thing this morning and I gained a pound!!! :noway: I was floored. So today I am consuming all 1340 of my calories and a few extra pending my time at the gym to see if it really makes a difference!

All that work at the gym and I gain a pound...go figure!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It could have just been all that water.

I'm fascinated by the three-hour gym stint. I think I would have died. What's your secret?
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow - I'm impressed!
    I do know that if you do prolonged physical activity like that, for several hours straight, sometimes the body goes into water conservation mode and you'll retain extra for the next few days - literally the body is "protecting" itself from another physical onslaught. This happens to me when I do marathons. I always gain a couple pounds afterwards. It's only temporary, though. Good job!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

I'm fascinated by the three-hour gym stint. I think I would have died. What's your secret?
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

Maybe the water. Maybe I really just didn't eat enough. The three hours at the gym--I am training for a triathlon (my first) so my workouts are pretty intense. Right now I am trying to see what my body is capable of and then next week I begin more isolated training workouts. Right now I am working on endurance so I can judge where my weakness is and what I need to do to strenghthen it!!