tips for wii fit plus

Can someone give me some tips on how to burn fat and tone up quick using wii fit plus? And if it works? Thanks guys x

Replies

• ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    We just got it yesterday. From what I understand The Wii Fit is pretty low impact, so while it can give you a jumpstart, you probably will not burn too much. I think my kids will love it though, and we can all have fun with it together. I also go the EA active for Wii, and while I haven't tried it yet, I have heard that those are more impact workouts.

Good luck!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    I have used it for about a year. Its a good kill time work out activity. I wouldn't say your going to build big muscles with it but if you are just getting started it is a good place to be.

Some of the activites are fun and get you moving. You can run or "ride" a bike. There is some boxing that kind of gets your heart rate up. My favorite is the obstical course and the snow ball fighting. I do it when I have a few mins to kill like while making dinner or waiting for laundry to get done.

I didn't like the EA Active Sports. I found it didn't register very well. Mine sits in the closet.

The Just Dance Games are great. I have WII Zumba 2 on its way from Amazon.

Enjoy!
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Yeah id like to get Just Dance 3! My birthday coming up soon *hint hint boyfriend*. Does Just Dance tell you how many calories you have burnt? I am new to the wii so would love to know things that are good to get! I still go to the gym.. Well i did until the festive season approached! I'm hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow! But id love to know if the wii fit helps you lose inches etc. xx
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    I have used just Wii Just Dance for a while now.. haven't lost much weight but I can tell I've lost a few inches if you do the "Just Sweat" feature on the game.. I can't remember exactly the name but its like medium difficulty and if you do that 7 days a week.. you can really feel a difference.. I've went down a jean size.. in about 2 months.
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    buy a riser for the Wii Fit board off Amazon and get doing half an hour of stepping, works wonders and you definitely build up a sweat. I also use EA Active and have had great results along with healthy eating too.

Good luck on your Wii quest
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    buy a riser for the Wii Fit board off Amazon and get doing half an hour of stepping, works wonders and you definitely build up a sweat. I also use EA Active and have had great results along with healthy eating too.

Good luck on your Wii quest
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Can someone give me some tips on how to burn fat and tone up quick using wii fit plus? And if it works? Thanks guys x
    It "works" in as much as it gets you weighing yourself daily and gets you into the habit of working out regularly.

As for changing anything about your body "quick" forget it.

After a month or two you might find you are stuck on the same old same old, doing running and cycling round the island, and doing the step and boxing again and again and again in order to get a half decent workout.

Having said that, without my wiifit, I probably wouldn't have gone on to join a gym and then lose so much weight.

Don't forget it's supposed to be fun too, so don't ignore the snowball fights. :bigsmile:
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    I used to do the 30 minutes free step using hand weights to do arm exercises at the same time (I changed exercise every 100 steps) - that got my heart rate up quite a bit more than just doing the step which isn't all that energetic, I find the maximum pace very slow.

Other than that, I reckon just pick a good order for your activities e.g. I would do maybe step to warm up then hula hooping or running to get the heart rate up then something a bit fun like step or boxing then more hula or running - ie try to put some of the harder things in quite frequently so that your heart rate is a bit higher already going into some of the lower intensity activities, which are a but more fun so help to increase your time spent exercising. I always just did it in addition to other workouts so not sure how well it works on its own.

Hope that helps.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

I like the "Just Dance" games, myself. A workout, and hilarity.
  • I agree!! I just use my wii fit to keep track of my weight and step counter...i would just do games advanced level and mets.
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    I love working out with my Wii fit....you can do the pre-set workouts or you can customize it to your needs. You will get a great workout
  • Kris10can
    Kris10can Posts: 103
    This might sound crazy...but my favorite time to play the wii is with friends when I am having some cocktails....Nothing is as much fun as playing Just Dance or some of those games like boxing, obstacle course and such. But I also play the wii when I have some time to kill and I would rather play around on the wii for a bit than sit on the couch doing nothing. Another bonus...you can do some free stepping on the wii while watching your favorite show and I always incorporate some weights!!

But I also think it is fun to check in on the wii regularly for the weigh-ins and to watch my Mii changes in weight and body fat % as it records your progress.
  • I agree!!
    It "works" in as much as it gets you weighing yourself daily and gets you into the habit of working out regularly.

As for changing anything about your body "quick" forget it.

After a month or two you might find you are stuck on the same old same old, doing running and cycling round the island, and doing the step and boxing again and again and again in order to get a half decent workout.

Having said that, without my wiifit, I probably wouldn't have gone on to join a gym and then lose so much weight.

Don't forget it's supposed to be fun too, so don't ignore the snowball fights. :bigsmile:
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    I put my wii fit board on my step to increase the impact of the step workouts ....
  • We bought the Just Dance 3 this Christmas and I really enjoy it. I was wondering what do you log your exercise under when using Just Dance? I was putting mine under aerobics but the calories burned seemed low to me, because I could burn just as many walking 3.5 on the treadmill. I just seem to get a better all over workout with Just Dance and I know I sweat way more! :smile:
  • I have wii fit plus and love it. It's fun for all ages! I love the advanced step and the boxing. My 8 year old loves the bike and golf practice games. I do agree that you wont burn tons of calories but you will burn some while having fun! I have been wanting to try the zumba that the other person mentioned. Curious to see how that is!
  • I'm probably a bore, but I love the wii fit plus!! I work my way through, from muscle workouts to training plus..... I was doing really well on my bros & gave up, I got mine today & couldn'y wait to get started, I soon found myself in a rhythm, I will be doing it every day, building the time up each week (or as I progree up levels)..... I do want the 'Just Dance' though, Might invest in the EA sports active, depending how much time I get. I also have 'The Biggest Loser' which is really good, works up a sweat vertually straight away :-)
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    I love the hula hooping. I find it fun and I find the calorie count it gives is pretty accurate to go with what my hrm says.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member

I can not figure out the snowball fight!! By the time I duck around the shield and find a target I've already been hit! I love the cycling and the segway circuit!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    i started this weightloss using mine. I lost about 6 pounds so it worked for me and it motivated me to get into more exercises. I also use it to track my weightloss as the wi fit charts your progress.