From flab to fab?? Pics please!

Options
Ok so at 175lbs I'm not HUGE but I sure am flabby! My butt and thighs are pretty big and very flabby. Will I ever actually be able to have nice tone legs?? Does anyone have before/after pics from flabby to firm? I'm nervous that I'm going to end up thin but with lots of extra skin:ohwell:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I have had five pregnancies and gained anywhere from 30-50pounds each time. The top left was my highest weight ever after having a baby that I kinda of stayed at for a little while...exactly 175lbs. Right now I am 156.6 but there is a big difference because of weight lifting. I would tell anyone, go heavy and hard..as a woman, you won't bulk like a man, but you will appreciate the wonderful toning results. I am not "there" but I am working on it:-) Also, it is about the food, I was not able to consume the amount MFP suggested because it was just too low...another long story, but I have found that I have to consume 1800 on non-workout days and around 2200 on workout days to keep losing fat. Otherwise my body thinks it is starving. I eat 50-60 fat grams too...feel free to friend me if you would like and take a look at my diary.

IMG_2120-1.jpg

Picuture is way too big...here are the others
    123020114.jpg

123020113.jpg
  • Blondie1913
    Options
    Your abs are KILLER...GO Lucia!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Your abs are KILLER...GO Lucia!

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    First round of Jillian 6week/6pack and practicing clean eating...

SC-BeforeAfterFront.jpg
  • ANewLucia
    Options

SC-BeforeAfterFront.jpg

Wow SexyCook, what a difference...awesome work!!!
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options

SC-BeforeAfterFront.jpg

Is this from one week??? Wowsers! That's very encouraging.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WOW is that a real ninja behind you in your profile pic OP? You better watch out he looks like hes sneaking up behind you there.:)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ok so at 175lbs I'm not HUGE but I sure am flabby! My butt and thighs are pretty big and very flabby. Will I ever actually be able to have nice tone legs?? Does anyone have before/after pics from flabby to firm? I'm nervous that I'm going to end up thin but with lots of extra skin:ohwell:
    Lose the weight SLOWLY!

You will have few issues.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options

SC-BeforeAfterFront.jpg

Is this from one week??? Wowsers! That's very encouraging.

Sorry GUYS..that was in 6 weeks...TYPO... I wish one week would give you those results:bigsmile:
  • misigs
    misigs Posts: 2
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome! I so want you as my mentor. I would love to body build once the fat is down.....
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How does losing the weight slowly help?
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

It gives the skin more chance to tighten up when you go slowly, its also a lot more likely to stay off.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

It gives the skin more chance to tighten up when you go slowly, its also a lot more likely to stay off.

Genetics plays a factor too...some people skin just does not tighten....I am one of those.
  • VAMommyAgain
    Options
    The lack of responses makes me worry that it's likely hopeless:sad: I

I just want my legs to not waggle when I walk!:grumble:
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    It will happen! Be patient and stay the course. Be sure you are doing weight training because that will help you get firm once you have lost the flabby fat. :wink:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Are you part of a gym? My gym has spin class (the only class they run! haha). I tried it for the first time ever a couple of months ago (before I fell off the exercise bandwagon). In terms of toning legs -it's SUPER! The first time I tried to do it, I failed after five or ten minutes on a really low resistance. But after four spin classes, I really started noticing a change in my legs. They were way, WAY less flabby -and were starting to build some muscle. Then I got sick, which made me lazy, and I kind failed. But, my guess is that if you continue to incorporate spin maybe once a week, you'll be able to maintain nice legs! That's if you want to pay?

Otherwise -for free leg toning, stair walking, squats and walking lunges seem to work well!

Good luck :)
  • stonea22
    Options
    Lucia,
    You look awesome!!
  • VAMommyAgain
    Options
    My gym doesn't currently have spin classes although they do have the bikes....I think there just wasn't the demand for the spin or something? I'll def keep watching the schedule and see if they add the classes back in. I currently do weight lifting and am working at increasing weight/decreasing reps. Honestly, I just don't have a lot of faith that the skin will tighten up:ohwell:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't currently have spin classes although they do have the bikes....I think there just wasn't the demand for the spin or something? I'll def keep watching the schedule and see if they add the classes back in.

Well, you're half way there if they have the spin bikes! I totally recommend trying them (you should start to see/feel results after a few sessions), and try to crank up the resistance where you can. When you feel like you can't do anymore, bring it down, go a bit slow for 30sec-1minute, then crank it up again. Just make sure that you don't ever let the wheel free spin -because that's just a waste of time!
    Also, I'm not sure why, but I find that spin bikes work much, much better for my butt and thighs than the normal or recumbent bikes.

I currently do weight lifting and am working at increasing weight/decreasing reps. Honestly, I just don't have a lot of faith that the skin will tighten up:ohwell:

Probably easier said than done, but give it time.
    Squats are great for the legs -just make sure you're doing them properly. There are heaps of videos on YouTube which can help get technique right!

Good luck.

S
  • VAMommyAgain
    Options
    Great thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!