Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I stuff my jeans with a sock
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I bought some Spanx years ago and used to wear them under certain outfits but they got too big to be effective (yay!) and I decided to go without for the last couple years. I'm still not quite to goal so I've got a muffin top...mostly just deal with it and don't worry about it much but I went dress shopping with my besties last weekend and realized if I'm going to wear a fancy dress in a month, I'm going to need some help in the tummy area.

Went to WalMart with the intention of getting some control top panty hose to see if that would help and discovered that L'eggs now has shapewear! I bought two pair - one that goes from just under the bra to mid-thigh and the other that same shape with attached hosiery. Forgot to try them on this morning but I'll give the a whirl tomorrow and then I'm going dress shopping again!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I do, I have a giggly tummy. :)
    I don't wear it all the time, but know I am in between sizes. One size is too big the smaller one muffin tops. :/
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds. The one that is for waist and thighs, waist only, the slips that go under dresses, the full body from thigh to chest, lol.

I have found many different kinds that work, and have bought great stuff at Ross for cheap that is fine. But my favorite is this:

www.shapefx.com

Its totally worth the $$$. So are their bathing suits.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Spanx.
    I just feel it keeps everything nice and tight. :)

WOOWZERS!!
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    heck yes I do, not sure of the brand but the high waist brief kind and yes ma'am it helps. A lot.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I wear them to give me a nice clean line when i'm going out. Makes my dresses look even better a brilliant investment.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear them just to make sure everything is smooth and they also hide bra and panty lines. Also I have loose skin on the top of my inner thigh and it keeps it tight so it doesn't rub.

Even actresses when they are on the red carpet are usually wearing a spanx type product especially when they are wearing a clingy fabric like silk.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have "Shapeez" and "Yummy Tummy's" Which are similar to tanks tops that haul your belly in, they were expensive because the only place I could buy them was at a small boutique in town, but one eliminates the bra rolls on your back as well as your tummy, the other is like a camilsole, with a tightening band in the middle. I haven't wore them since I started losing, as they dont fit the way they used to, but they do their job!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I still use the spanx on occasion...I've got to have the smooth look!
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear dresses live every single day and i always have a pair of hose on that comes up to my bra, I dont think its any fancy thing besides walmart panty hose, but it definitely corrects areas I dont like... I couldnt imagine how good stuff that is designed for that makes people look. But I am a fan either way!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have spanx and I have a super duper girdle I get from Lipoexpress.com. This thing really helps hold you in and smooth everything out. They are expensive but have been so worth it to me for when I want to look good and feel good about how I look.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I only bother if it's a dress and a solid color or something where it just looks weird.

Otherwise, what you see is what you get! :wink:
  • tlandes2978
    tlandes2978 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Spax R Us....more people should wear them with certain clothes. I'm a fan with dresses or shirts that you don't want the fat rolls to take over.
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I stuff my jeans with a sock

Funniest thing I've read all day!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I did when I was losing weight and I do now when I workout only.
    It definitely helped my body's shape.
    I use:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-Smoothing-Shapewear-Firm-Control-Unitard-Style-82556/14560110?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

good luck!