substitute for ice cream

Options
I LOVE ice cream, and while its totally fine in moderation, I found I was eating it almost every night (just 1/2 a cup, but still). So I decided to switch to frozen jello sugar free pudding snacks, and they are amazing! They freeze a little harder than ice cream, so it is a lot slower eating one, and I feel like I'm getting a big portion of it because of that.

Super tasty - you should try it. And they're only 60 calories! :D

Replies

• swissdutchess
    Options
    I LOVE ice cream, and while its totally fine in moderation, I found I was eating it almost every night (just 1/2 a cup, but still). So I decided to switch to frozen jello sugar free pudding snacks, and they are amazing! They freeze a little harder than ice cream, so it is a lot slower eating one, and I feel like I'm getting a big portion of it because of that.

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Apparently the Source, Lemon Parfait, freezes well, too.
  • Princessme25
    Options
    i buy these too also choc. sorbet from trader joes really good stuff
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!! I find myself eating 1/2 cup of ice cream almost every night. I try to buy the "healthy" kind though, breyers fat free double churn or dreyers double churn etc, about 110 to 120 cals per serving...but this sounds good and for way less money than these ice creams Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing a thread where someone froze f/f cool whip I think, for a ice cream substitute. :smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!! You put it between two squares of reduced fat graham crackers, freeze, they are delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! Like eating ice cream sandwiches. I got the fat free chocolate whipped cream once and the graham crackers, I was in heaven!!!!! And in the biggest loser cookbook they have the same concept plus some peanut butter. Yum!!! :flowerforyou:
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    ooooh that sounds so good! i'm gonna try it!
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    I know! I did the exact same thing. I LOVE the cookie dough dreyers churned ice cream, but its so fluffy and airy that I find it goes quickly. But yeah, pudding cups are a good substitute. :)
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    :wink:
  • ottawagirl86
    Options
    There is also Orange Sorbet that is really good. If I'm not mistaken its about 70 calories for 1 cup. It is absolutely delicious and is a great substitute for ice cream.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I tried the frozen pudding. Yuck :sick: Not for me.

I do like frozen cool whip though.
  • SGM523
    SGM523 Posts: 5
    Options
    i reccomend Weight Watchers ice cream it does the trick. : )
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Try soya icecream so yummy - and very low in fat
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    A frozen banana does it for me. When its frozen the texture feels like ice cream so it does the trick...
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    i get whipped cream and let it thaw in the fridge. I will then mix in 1 tablespoon of Nutella and stick it back in the freezer. This creates a great chocolate ice cream substitute. Even my husband will eat it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    there is no adequate substitution for real ice cream :laugh: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    there is no adequate substitution for real ice cream :laugh: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well ok dok and good molly....I absolutely agree....if you are going to treat yourself to ice cream,...you are so much better off with the real mccoy...more cals? yes...more fat? yes..but no atificial garbage and chemicals that will tirgger a desire for more....stay real...it is a better way!