Slow & Steady, but continued progress

Options
So, this is a new year and I am ready to lose the weight (once and for all) and keep it off! My goal is to lose weight slow and steady (although dont get me wrong, I'd love to wake up and be fit!). I wont be using any other method other than tracking my calories & exercise (no pills, no starvation, etc). My goal is to lose 43 pounds this year. My stretch goal is to lose 63 pounds. That means I need to lose 0.8 pounds a week up to 1.2 pounds a week. That is TOTALLY DOABLE! How exciting!

The tricky part for me is that when I'm good, I'm really good but when I lose track or don't lose (or worse gain!) I lose motivation.

Have you done this? Do you want to do this? If so, grab a camera, take a pic of your "before" shot and friend me. We'll share our "before" & "after" shots in 12 months!

here's to a long journey that will transform our lives!

Cheers!

My details:
27 years old
Female
5'3"
Seattle, WA
Full-time professional
Part-time getting my MBA
Married
No kids

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My goal last year was to lose 1lb a week (52lb), which I achieved mid November. I realised at the start that for me to try and lose a lot of weight very quickly was only setting myself up for failure, so I adopted the tortoise and hare approach. The weight didn't go on overnight so I couldn't expect overnight miracles in losing it, much as I would have loved that too.

I am the same as you, when its going good I'm happy, but if I maintain, or the dreaded G word, then I feel like heading straight for the sweets, but I've persevered and although I've had the occasional hiccup I feel that I'm no longer a failure.

My progress pics are on my avatar and my ticker.

Good luck for the coming year!
  • susanac
    Options
    Excellent job! Amazing results! Thanks for the inspiration & advice. I love this site because of that. Reading about how other people have done it makes me feel even more encouraged that I can do it too!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great thread:smile:

Thanks for posting.

Karen