New and looking for help and encouraging

Options
Hi my name is Lisa and I am 16 years old. I weight 133 right now and my BMI is telling me that I am almost over weight. I want to stay a healthy weight and maybe lose 20 pounds.I play volleyball year round but don't have much of an athletic build because i am somewhat lazy, i admit it. My parents and I are all trying to get into shape and lose weight to live happier lives and also so that i can get in shape now and keep it before I get older. I am a HUGE snack person and always hungry, I seem to never stop eating and that is a big problem of mine. Are there any good low cal snacks and meals for my family and I?

Replies

• italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I would like to suggest breaking up your meals and snacks. Try to divide up your daily calories into 6 meals. You can have 3 larger ones and 3 smaller ones or even them all out. This will allow you to keep snacking, but the snacks are accounted for. Also, be a smart snacker- make sure you are picking good things to munch on. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats- these things will never steer you wrong!

Good luck!